I'm done! I decided to ignore my ex boyfriend?

We were kind of hanging out after the breakup and it was alright. Few days ago I asked him if he has a girlfriend and he said no but that he had sex with a girl from his class. I totally flipped out! And he told me that like he couldn't wait to tell me, with a huge smile on his face. I made a huge mistake by staying "friends" with him! He doesn't care about me at all. And it's all my fault because I let him treat me that way. I can't describe how awful and ashamed I feel. I'm not even sure if he is aware of how much that hurt. I told him but all he said was "Well that's your problem not mine. It doesn't matter if I have a girlfriend or not, if I have sex or not, we're not together anymore I can do what I want". Now he's gonna call me again to hang out and I'm sick of him. Just gonna ignore him. He's gonna get so pissed but I don't care anymore. I don't even want to tell him why I am ignoring him, if he has at least some brain he will know why. Am I right about doing this?

43

Most Helpful Guy

• Your an adult you can hangout or not hangout with whomever you want.

You are wrong though. You are FRIENDS now. He is free to kiss, hug or have sex with whomever he wants and you can't be upset about it. I think you were under the impression that you was gonna get back with him and that made you mad.

This is one of the reasons why I don't deal with exes after breaking up. It's just drama in the end.

• Yeah I wanted to get back together, I was giving him the space he wanted. I was very clear when I told him that I don't want to be buddies and that the only reason I respond to his calls is because I still have feelings for him and it's hard for me to let go. He KNOWS I want to get back together but he is still using me when he is bored.

• The thing is that even though I really hate to admit it, I still want to get back together. I hate playing mind games or causing drama, though. I guess I should be mature enough and tell him that I'm not comfortable being around while he is seeing someone else. But there's this little piece of hope or a gut feeling that if I just start ignoring him he's gonna wonder why and would worry and would miss me. But I'm afraid it's gonna do more damage then good.

• And there goes the problem of letting go. Mind games do suck. Hopefully during this "ignoring" you figure out that your better off. Not everyone can be friends with an ex and not every person you go out with deserve a second chance. He seems like that latter, but to each their own. Good luck. You'll probably need it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, Ignore him and forget him and move on. You both are split up, no one should even know anyone's business and I feel he is a heel For... A huge smile on his face.
    Of course it could have been to get you mad but who knows, who cares...
    You are smart enough to know that you are the Brains of this outfit and that Friends till the ends is not going to work with this jerk.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 2

• That's what you should do! Cause you have broken up and you have to leave that person in the past... seeing them will only hurt you... cause you have been dumped

• The dude does have a point there... he's not your boyfriend anymore so he's free to have sex with whomever he likes...

• Yeah he does. It was my mistake, I shouldn't have asked him anything. But I guess it had to happen sooner or later. He can do whatever he wants, but he shouldn't have any reason to blame me or be mad at me that I don't want to hang out anymore, right?

• yeah probably he wasn't sure of himself after break-up and thought he wouldn't be able to find anyone else, or maybe he needed a back-up plan in you.
      Honestly I think it's fucking weird when exes want to remain friends with each other cause it's just not possible

What Girls Said 3

• Well is hard to stay friends with an ex you have feelings for
    Is better this way

• i think you're right.

• Well you 2 are no longer in a relationship... You are friends, so he can do what he wants.. If you don't really like it.. well then, don't talk to him anymore if it bothers you. Maybe you were thinking you two would get back together..