Trying to go no contact and failing miserably! Tips, Advice, Help please?

My ex and I split about 3 months ago and have been friends with benefits ever since. We've been meeting up about once or twice a week for dinner, drinks and sex. It was working for me for a while because I thought that there'd be a chance we could get back together. I am still totally in love with this man but he has made it clear in no uncertain terms that we will never get back together.

I need to now except that and try and move on because I'm miserable all the time stuck in this situation. I really love him and think he's a great guy which makes it harder because I wish so bad that I could just erase my feelings and we could be friends but for the time being I need to emotionally disconnect and physically keep my distance.

I decided to try no contact and today was the second day, I failed miserably as he text me this afternoon. I replied, I find it very hard to ignore him although my replies were very short and not my usual so I'm sure he sensed something was up. I don't want to just block his number, I feel that's cruel considering he's a good guy and hasn't done anything wrong. I would talk to him and explain I can't do it anymore but we have done this 3 times before and I always end up changing my mind and asking him to meet up, I feel like if I was to end it again he wouldn't take it very seriously.

Help? I just feel I am stuck in this situation and don't have the courage to get out, I know he doesn't love me like that anymore, I know he's in it purely for sex, I know he leaves me and doesn't think about me until it's time to arrange our next meet up whereas I love him, it's so much more than just sex to me and I think about him constantly and am miserable in between meets. How do I stay strong and go no contact? It's only day 2 and I can't even manage that! I'm so lost. I guess it may just come down to willpower but for him I have none!

I'm 23, he's 29.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• To forget old memories, you nave to create new ones.

suggest/agree to a date with the very next guy that that shows u interest.

Most Helpful Girl

• Listen to urself you said i know he dpesnt think about me till the next meet up , i know he doesn't love me like that anymore , he wants u only for sex... etc come on aren't those enough to make u have the power to cut it all With him? YOU are a woman and you deserve better than just someone who uses u for sex with no emotions , while u have sex with him but with feeling of love and u feel miserable about it cuz in somehow u dont want that but smth keeps u stuck with this guy. That smth is love and love from only one side has no future so please wake up you are still young there r plenty of guys who wants to date u , and u should move on thats life we dont always get what we want including people , but its destiny and we have to accept it i beleive that if God didn't wrote ur future with this man its because he is saving a better one for you. Trust God ^^ ( thats my beleif I don't know about u ) Cheer up everything will be fine ♥ ^^

What Guys Said 1

• He is using you sweetheart, sorry to hear that. Block his number, block his Facebook, block his e-mails. Do or do not do. There is no "try"

What Girls Said 1

• fwb? there's no way you won't fall in love again.