He cheated on me. Why do I feel so guilty for going off on him and saying mean things?

62

Most Helpful Guy

• You should not at all. And you should leave him right now

• Thank you. Although it's been hard I broke up with him immediately.

• I know but you did the right thing. It will get better soon

Most Helpful Girl

• You shouldn't feel guilty about that at all he deserved it!

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe its because you know you drove him away...
    Or you just are a good person who doesn't like being mean, but he really went too far
    just move on...

• Thank you! Yes he kept lying I would have never found out if the girl didn't message me threatening me. I just broke up with him with no further words

• good for you! and good luck, dont feel bad!

What Girls Said 5

• You may have said some horrible things that you said when you found out he had gone to bed.
    Don't feel bad, feel sad instead. You wasted your time on someone who you realized was not fine and Now... Time to move on and don't over think anything more.
    He can no longer be trusted and Next time... Hopefully you will not have to say things you probably didn't mean.
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you! I tossed around the idea of apologizing.

• Thank you for your empowering words and thoughtful response :)

• You are so welcome and thank you so much... Once you make him Think it was fine to put his hand in the cookie jar, he will always think it is alright to help himself to sloppy seconds. xxoo

• I'm in the same boat.
    Do not apologise!
    He hurt you. Its a natural reaction. And from what he did, deserves it.
    By apologising your letting him off with it
    You deserve better. Just let it go, it'll be hard but its better in the long run when you find someone who cares and treats you like a princess. You dont need hurt like that again which you'll do by justifying his behavior and letting him back in

• maybe you said things that you knew would hurt him and he would carry around. maybe you sid things he didn't deserve. maybe subconciouslly ur trying to make urself feel better about what he did.

• Yes I was so devastated when the girl messaged me with proof you are right I said things that I knew would hurt him.

• Because you have a conscience and he doesn't, that's why he cheated.

• because you like him.