Why is it so damn hard to get over loving somebody?

Can somebody please explain why it is so hard to forget somebody that you have loved so much that it actually is killing you inside and takes all the joy out of your life? I want to get over him but i can't unle

210

Most Helpful Guy

• Chemistry, unfortunately. Those early feelings of love are fuelled by a cocktail of chemicals in the brain - dopamine, norepinephidrine, phenylethylamine, serotonin... essentially you are feeling the effects of amphetamines, stimulants, and painkillers all at the same time. And these are hard drugs, and addictive drugs. So breaking up means you are kicking an amphetamine addiction, a stimulant addiction, and a painkiller addiction all at once. The painkiller part is why the feeling of breaking up can actually cause very real physical pain. It can actually hurt, really physically hurt. And it's because you've been dosed on painkillers and suddenly those painkiller chemicals have been cut off.

You will get over it eventually, everybody does. It will hurt while you go through it. A lot. But with a good support network, and talking out your problems with a sympathetic ear, you will get past it and things will turn around.

• Thanks! This really is helpful 😊

• You're welcome. Good luck with it, it is not an easy thing. But it is a necessary thing. You can do it.

What Guys Said 9

• It's like any other emotional loss: it hurts like hell for awhile and then it just hurts and then it sort of hurts and ultimately, it stops hurting to the degree that it's going to. We invest in relationships and when that investment is lost, it's painful and we grieve. Grieving is a very important part of life and I have made some major mistakes trying to take shortcuts around it. Just gut it out and it'll get better. I'm sorry you're hurting.

• 0|0
  • It's been proven that the body reacts the same way it does to death - it's a form of grief.

The quickest way is to completely cut them out of your life - COMPLETELY. Remove all their contact details, block them on all social media, to not message or call them at all.

• I been here and ir will take time everything here is 100$ true in fact im still there now. At first it hurt like hell i could even breath or think 1.. year later i can Stand being in the same town as her n going to our old date sports with out breaking inside. It still hurts a lot but its 100% better then what it was just do what im trying to do in focus on your life. I seen my ex yday while driving she was pulling out i was pulling into a park way. Hoy know like in the movies when 2 people look at each other thats what happened count her looking at me... And guest what i still have feels for her but i gotta accpet the fact she's no longer aparte of my life.. n keep moving on. I hope you can do the same as well because It really sucks

• did your description get cut in half? anyways cliché answer: it takes time

• yes sorry for some reason it didn't post all of it...

• simple its because you actually loved him so much but if you fall hard for someone be prepared to hit the ground hard sucks but its true

• It's hard because you have invested time, money, emotional for someone you love but you will keep over it, it will take time but you have to do your part as well.

• Wouldn't it be even more sad if it was easy? Then love would not be so special after all.

• Because scientificly love is a bunch of chemical in your brain so breaking up is basically withdrawal

What Girls Said 2

• Because if there was a foolproof, super fast method to getting over somebody, we'd all be doing it!

• If you have sex with them it releases a chemical making you attached and have a feeling of love. Those chemicals take time to wear off. It's not an overnight process