My ex girlfriend says she still has feelings for me, will she give me a second chance?

me and my ex girlfriend broke up Wednesday night, we kind of had a fight because we ran out of things to talk about (totally my fault) but she says she just wants to be friends, but she still has feelings for me and she misses me and she doesn't want to lose me? Like I don't understand how someone just wants to be friends but they still have feelings for you? she said she left because I was too far up her ass, for lack of a better term. The thing was, I thought that's what she wanted. She tagged me in something on Facebook the first night we were officially together, that said she liked clingy, and just knowing someone cared (I'm just paraphrasing but that's the gist of it), so that's what I was, & I pushed her away and we ran out of things to talk about. I never ever cheated on her, not even while we've been apart. She said she can't quit crying and she's broken, which I guess would tell me that she wasn't cheating either. Because if she was I would imagine that she wouldn't be too beat up about this? But I'm probably wrong about that too (even though I hope and pray that I'm not). I didn't do anything too bad, I just want to get back with her and I don't know what the best course of action is to take. Thanks for your help.

02

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• How did we get from, you were being clingy because that's what you thought she wanted to you're pretty sure she wasn't cheating. Once you broke up, she cannot cheat on you and you cannot cheat on her.

Here's a tidbit for the future, the chances of a woman saying she wants clingy and actually meaning it are about the same chances of her saying she's actually Elon Musk during the day.

If you wanna get her back, which probably really isn't the best idea, then you gotta be your own guy and step away from the situation for a while. You can be friendly, but not friends or you can even try throwing down the gauntlet and tell her flat out that you don't wanna be friends but you wanna get her back. Just don't go down the friends road cause that's only likely to make you go along way and still get nowhere.

• I guess I threw down the gauntlet, I told her that being just friends was bullshit, and that I have never seen ex's become just friends, they either get back together or break up permanently. She said she's falling apart and asked me not to leave, I told her she knows what I wanted, she then told me to be her boyfriend, I said I thought you didn't know what you want, she said I don't know what I want. But it's what you want. then I said yeah that's what I want, then she said then you're mine and I'm yours. Then she said she's taking a nap.

So that's where I am right now. I just hope she wants me, I'm not going to be clingy this time, because now I know that's not what she wanted. And she wasn't ever cheating on me, even when we were together. I may have been paranoid, but she was never doing anything. Would somebody be crying this much if they were doing something behind the other persons back? I don't think so but I'm kind of dumb so I'm probably wrong, even though I hope I'm not.

• I'm still not getting where this cheating thing is coming from. The amount of crying she is doing has nothing to do with whether or not she cheated and since you are not really saying much about what put that thought in your head then it kind of sounds to me like you are just being paranoid. It also sound to me like you guys are back together so you gotta let the past be the past if you want things to be different. Set it all aside and be willing to go forward like everything from before your breakup is done.

• Well at the time, I didn't think the cheating thing was paranoia, thinking back on what I thought were actual signs that she was, I was pretty fucking stupid, and untrusting. It isn't even worth going into, wasted a lot of time that I could have spent sleeping, worrying about something that was not going on. It was all just paranoia.

This is all in the past I understand, I'm not going to spend all my time talking to her and only her, I'm not going to be paranoid, unless something absolutely tells me I should be. I'm going to move on with my life, I'm just glad she's there with me still. Hopefully we can both get our lives sorted out. I can't be worrying about her like I had been, I'm trying to get a new job that pays more than I've ever seen in my life, so I'm going to focus on that rather than her. She's still important to me but I need to take my own space too.

• It looks like a silly misunderstanding. Just sitting down and having a heartfelt talk should be enough to resolve the issue, and hopefully back together again! :)

• I've been trying to talk to her for like the past couple nights, this is as far as I've gotten. I'm talking to her right now currently, she keeps talking about how much she sucks and why I shouldn't want to be with her? WTF? I loved her for her, not how perfect she might have been. but she doesn't understand I don't guesss

• Way to go, mate! Cheers! :)

• Thanks brother, I kind of knew once she told me she was crying this damn much that it would be pretty easy, because I didn't cheat on her or anything. even when we were separated, she was all had in my heart. So I felt I deserved it just a second chance, if that doesn't work out after this I'll leave. But I really really hope it does.