How do you get over the intense pain of loving someone who doesn't like you back?

Title says it all really! Please no sarcastic or hateful comments.

Does it ever get easier? It's the worst feeling in the world 😩😭😭😭

23

Most Helpful Guy

• I have been there n this situation before, several times. The pain DOES go away, but it takes a lot of time. Time is obviously the best healer.

Most Helpful Girl

• Avoid getting drunk and calling or texting him. Particularly in the beginning, you may feel desperate to contact him. Your willpower may be enough to get you past this urge when you’re sober, but we all know that alcohol impairs judgment.

Drunkenly berating him for not loving you, or crying about how hurt you are, can be embarrassing for you and uncomfortable for him.

It may even hurt your chances of developing a genuine friendship him later. If you think there’s a chance you may do something you regret, ask your friends for help.

Good luck.

What Guys Said 2

• Don't give a fuck. There is someone better than them whose more of a match for you.

• Acceptance is the key. Move on and it's their loss. Not yours.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes, it does get easier but it could take some time. Depending on what kind of a person you are and how you handle it. Some people just accept things and move on. I'm not one of those people. I don't move on until i have given it my all. I did this with my ex. After 7 months of being with him he cheated on me but it didn't want to give up there I stayed with him for another year and 5 months to try and "work things out", all that did was ruin me as a person. It destroyed my self esteem and put me in this never ending cycle of trying to win him back and getting rejected over and over again until randomly he'd decide okay we can talk but then he would ignore me again because he simply just didn't care for me.

I'm 24 now, and guess what I'm back in the same boat, I got played but this time the guy wasn't even my boyfriend, so I can't even try and get him back. you just have to accept it, it's the worst feeling to get rejected and feel unwanted but you're never going to be able to change someones mind.