How do I get over the fact that my ex boyfriend gives his new girlfriend all the things I begged for but he never gave me?

I usually am perfectly ok with it but I've had to see them a lot lately (we all go to school together). He's with her 24/7 he basically lives with her, he lets her post lovey dovey pictures of them together, he says he's in love with her (he only ever told me he loved me twice the whole time we were together), he holds her hand and kisses her in public. These were things I begged him to give me but he never did and he told me I was asking for too much because that's not his personality. It still hurts a lot when I am faced with it and can't just ignore it like I can when I don't see them. I still don't understand why he treats her so much better than he treated me. I want to confront him but I don't want him to see that he still has any power over me. How do I just accept it and move on? It still really hurts.

410

Most Helpful Guy

• Sorry to sound harsh, but he simply loves her more than he loved you. She most likely brings something to his life that you didn't. She completes him more than you did.
    It is what it is, you can't have any effect on that.
    Try to be around friends more often, to keep those thoughts away. Try keeping yourself busy. Or better yet, talk to both of them like they were friends. Don't talk to him about this, it will make it worse, just face it. You fight your fear by facing it, and even though this isn't a fear, it's still the best way to get over this.

Most Helpful Girl

• dont think about it!

What Guys Said 9

• You need to move on with life and be lucky he's out of your life. So maybe i would see my ex girlfriend, i don't give a care she's history.. Why hold on to old rubbish?
    Block them both from all Social Media sites , You go to school with them but just
    consider the source you can do better than him. Just learn to ignore him why let
    him get under your skin , I had girls use me when they broke up with their boyfriends
    to make them jealous than dump me it hurt like hell , I'm sorry it any of this is harsh
    but your sweet girl who deserves much better out of life ,

• well did he do all that stuff with you in the beginning? if he did then whos to say this girl is any different, it is the beginning stages, over time the relationship may pan out to how he treated you.

• eh not really. he was never big on me posting couple pictures. there was a very brief period when he posted pictures of us but by then our relationship was on the highway to hell anyway. and whenever I said I wanted to spend more time with him he'd say he needed "space."

• seems like he is really into her and sees her in a different way than he did with you, I mean all of this is irrelevant though since you two are no longer an item. understandably, it must somewhat hurt, but if you focus on other things, more important things, you'll think less and less about it and before you know it you'd have never given him a thought and boom, you're completely over it.

• This is the simple case of she brings that out in him

And considering you guys are still kinda young, I'm sure it's a learning experience... I'm sure he learned from you and now let's his new girlfriend do these things and is more attentive

We grow from each relationship... the idea is the next one should be better.. so it's kinda expected

• Can't you accept the fact he was pretty much a douchebag to you? Sounds like a good reason to move on to me.

• Dude, why do you still talk to him?

• anything he begged you for but you didn't give him? No? You gave him everything?

That was the problem.

• everything except space apparently. even when we broke up he told me how good of a girlfriend I was.

• why is it not your first impulse just to find some new dick

• I found someone before he did but that doesn't mean all my feelings for him are gone. If it worked like that I would've moved on before he did.

• 😒 that does not help get over someone

• how would you know? you haven't tried it

• i can give you, you are so beautiful who wouldn't give you anything:)

• You remember that what you want isn't unreasonable, and uou should move on next time and find someone who wants to do them for you.

What Girls Said 3

• He obviously likes her more than he liked you. It's a hard truth you'll have to swallow. Just think you weren't meant to be together. Once you come to terms with that, time is your best friend.

• Unfortunately you just have to let it go. It really sucks and I am sorry. If you keep looking back at could have, should have, would have.. You may end up missing new things ahead of you.

• get a boyfriend who is worthy of you