Do you believe a mother should haft to pay child support if the father is taking care of/has the child 100% of the time?

• Yes I do
  • No I don't

138

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally don't believe in child support as in most cases it goes to the woman raising the children and she gets ridiculous sums of money. There will be an active father in the child's life yet she'll still ask for half of his paycheck every month. I think a father is infinitely more important than a check and if he tries to actively be in that child's life but the mother refuses she doesn't deserve a dime. Don't have children you're incapable of taking care of on your own in case anything happens. She's a grown woman and she should be able to manage, and if she allows the father to be there naturally then things wouldn't be much of a burden to begin with. Now if it is a man or a woman who just refuses to do anything, then sure I guess. But 100% of that money goes to the child's current needs and should be invested into their future, not help you pay a couple of bills. My mom personally didn't do a single thing for me growing up and my dad didn't ask her for one red cent regardless of when he was struggling or not. I personally believe child support is trash but for the sake of voting yes, the woman should very well pay child support and it should be as ridiculous in sum as the men tend to be stuck with.

• Child support is for the CHILD not the parent.

And it's there to help offset disparities in income and lifestyle to minimize the impact on the children.

• I'm wondering if there's an option for the non custodial parent to just buy the kids what they need instead of paying with a check every month? I heard about a dad doing that on tv last night.

• @VampireEmpress I think that would be a better idea, or at least monitoring what the mother does with the money to ensure it's going just to the kid. Like having to turn in receipts or something. Just at least needing to give an account for what she's spent it on.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have had custody of my son for over a decade. In that time I have sought exactly ZERO child support from his mother.

I have always been well employed. His mother, on the other hand, barely manages to not be homeless. Can't get blood from a turnip. No point in even trying.

Gaining custody was not a grab for resourses. I was seeking the welfare of my child. That decision is paid back to me every day when I see my successful, well adjusted sixteen year old.

Toward that end, accepting child support from her would be acknowledging that she has a role in his life. I have sought to minimize her influence on him as it has been for the most part negative.

Lest you get the wrong impression, I don't bad talk her in his presence. Neither do I keep him from spending time with her. I just try to keep her at arm's distance (possibly further).

• why do you think she divorced you then, if she could barely live by herself? I don't see why someone would give up the extra income.

• thank god it was finally over then. thanks for telling em your story! that was extremely interesting to me.

• @VampireEmpress

You are welcome. Thanks for your good wishes.

What Girls Said 12

• If you bring a child into this world then you pay. Simple as that. Whether you are male or female. If you make a baby then you carry the consequences. Don't like it then don't have sex or maybe just maybe don't fuck around with randoms and wait till you're in a secure relationship where you talk about babies BEFORE having sex. It's really as simple as that. So I voted A in your pole If the dad raises the child then the mother should absolutely pay too.

• Getting an abortion is the woman taking care of the problem. Once that problem is born it is a living person and is equally the mother AND fathers responsibility. But most of the time it's still just the mothers responsibility. But men will still complain that they have to pay a fraction of their paycheck to their own child.
    And yes, if the father is the one who has the child then the Niger should be the one paying child support. I'm not familiar with the laws about it, but isn't that how it works?

• Uh, yeah?

Of course?

That's what child support is for - to support the damn kid. Why would the mother somehow be exempt?

• If that's what the father and child needs, of course. Just because she doesn't want to raise he cold does not mean the the child has to suffer financially

• absolutely, but I don't think she should HAVE to pay she should WANT to pay, I don't understand how some parents are ok with not paying until the court sends an order to their employer to take this much $$$$out, now if they're afraid other parent is going to not report the money that's received then you can still send it to one of the agency's they use like child support enforcement center. . Both parents are equally responsible in taking care of the child or children equally.

• Hell fucking yes.

Chikd support in most states is based on a worksheet that factors in time spent with each parent in addition to their incomes.

I hate that I know this by the way

• Yes Absolutely! This is actually the case for my brother in law. He has full custody of his son and the mom "volunteers" to pay a little every month.

• Only makes sense...

• Well, yeah. You have a kid, you better help pay for its upbringing.

• yeah that makes sense

• Yes for sure.

• Yes of course!!

What Guys Said 7

• If she has a job, then yes!

• Yes they should. Court systems is one of few places being a women is a clear advantage.

• Yes and isn't it how it's done?

• if the dad has full custody then she should have to pay child support

• Yeah I do equal rights man

• auto debit that bitches paycheck yeahhh boyyy

• Girls say yes, in the poll, but if they were in that situation, i bet there thoughts would be differently. most women would just kill the child in the womb nowadays