Would you forgive if your partner cheated on you?

If yes, in what circumstances? If not, why?

81

Most Helpful Girl

• My ex cheated on me , I found out about it and he admited it. When I first heard of it I just turned my phone off and didn't talk to him for 3 days , when I turned my phone on I had tones of voice mails from him saying how he had messed up and he loved me, etc...So I took him back because ...He was my world and had been for 3 years. After I took him back I couldn't trust him , even him going to the pub with his friends would turn into a huge fight , id slip snide comments in like " so is your whore better in bed than I am" >_< anyway , six months later he cheated again while he was drunk , this time I was not going to be a doormat so I left him , it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do , but it hurt to much to think of him with other girls.

• Your stories great,because its shows women that if its in him to do it once,of course its in him to do it again! because a lot of women think oh..it was just once. Yea Once now,whats stopping him from doing it again? absolutely nothing. When a person shows you who they truly are believe them the first time it will save you a lot of pain

What Guys Said 1

• No, I would not.

What Girls Said 7

• Cheating is a violation of trust; I would never forgive some for cheating, no matter what. I don't know if that sounds harsh or not, but that's just my opinion. I take cheating very seriously.

• No never. A person that cheats on their partner in all honesty does not love them. They can claim it and say it all they want, but actions speak louder than words. It's a violation of the relationship, and completely disrespectful to the other person.

A person that really loves their partner would never cheat on them, guy or girl. It's that simple. They like what they have at home, and even though their eyes my wander from time to time, they would never want to jeopardize or ruin what they already have. It's because the relationship/person means more to them than that. Believe me when I say that someone who cheats on you does not truly love you or what you have together.

No excuse ever is a good enough reason to cheat (and being drunk is not a good excuse).

• You forgive, but you never forget. It gnaws at you until you give up.

• me...it depends on how bad it is.

if its not that bad, then I think I can work it out, but if they cheated on me with more than one girl and saying that he was single or something...

idk about that but I'm always willing to try

• i'm not sure I have forgiven him 100%, but I will never ever forget it and he knows it, he knows it still hurts me today. I didn't break up with him I'm still with him today (the cheating happened 2years go), but the worst part for me is that I got to find it out by myself (not that I wanted him to tell me about it, I think that would be harder to handle), but I have talked to him about it, told him I knew and that I'm hurt, and I never got any response back, he never tried nor to deny it, nmeither to say yes I did it I'm sorry, and that is the worst for me

• Trust is like a mirror when its broken it can be fixed,but you'll always see the moth****effing cracks. listen to resentment by beyonce that exactly what your going through. I mean how can you truly forgive if you will never truly forget. Be with someone who won't even hurt you like that,you know that's what you deserve.

• I think if it was a one night stand, I might be able to forgive him. I mean, everyone makes mistakes sometimes. As long as it doesn't happen again.

• no! cheating is cheating and no matter what the reason it would hurt me or make me mad.