Why do you think people get angry at the person their bf/gf cheated on them with, instead of the bf/gf?

why do you think they wouldn't lash out at the bf/gf first? heard this scenario on tv, but the guy couldn't answer why he got mad at the other guy instead of his girlfriend.

65

Most Helpful Guy

• I've never done that actually.. is always took it up with my girlfriend and never even bothered with the dude

In my eyes, I don't know him and he doesn't know me so why would he even care... it makes no sense

Take it up with your SO! Unless you know the other person

Most Helpful Girl

• Either they can't accept that the person they chose wasn't perfect after all, thus the other person had to manipulate her or him into doing despicable things or they didn't care that much about their boyfriend or girlfriend and just hated the fact that someone 'disrespected' them by 'taking what theirs'.

What Guys Said 4

• It's disrespectful to the relationship.

• Because they want to deny that they were cheated on by the person they care about.

• this is actually a really god answer.

• Because they still want to love their partner.

• Is just plainly natural to become angry about anyone who has or has had a thing with your bf/gf... that's reality.

What Girls Said 5

• Well, the person they cheated with is as equally guilty as the person who cheated. So, they have every reason to lash out at that person. Especially, if they knew they were in a relationship but still went ahead and slept with the person anyway.

Also, sometimes in times of upset it's easier to lash out at someone you have no emotional attachment to then it is to lash at someone you are emotionally attached to. And, I imagine everybodies reaction to finding out they were cheated on varies. So, I think it depends on a lot of factors on who's going to get to feel their fury, hurt and betrayal.

• For the same reason clingy jealous people assume that guarding their SO every second will stop them from cheating.

It's hard to accept that the person who claims to love you could actually hurt you. It's easier to tell yourself "If that person hadn't come around, this wouldn't have happened", or "they knew he/she was taken, so that was obviously an attack against me!"

• It's easier to get mad at someone u don't knwo instead of someone u love.
    That's why when its with ur bestie or a relative all the blame usually goes to the bf/gg

• Instead?
    Then, I can't answer correctly. Perhaps, they just want to blame the other person since they don't want to believe that their SO could do something as low as that.

I don't know

But they do feel angry towards the other person because if the other person refused to open a door of affair , cheating wouldn't have happened.. at least with that person.

Not saying that the cheating SO isn't at fault.

He /She is doomed.

• i dont get mad at the person, because they probably didn't know.