Guys, Is it less likely for guys to get back together than girls with their ex?

I just broke up with my boyfriend of 2 years recently. It was mutual but im the one who said it. We occasionally run into each other bc we live in the same apartment and when we do i feel fine, but he looks like A COMPLETE MESS. He tries to hold conversations with me and looks as if he's about to tear up. But from what I hear this is all just a phase and he'll get over me soon enough. Thats understandable, but is it true that guys usually dont want to get back together? I was thinking to giving us some space for a month or so and then start talking to him again to see if he still has feelings. Its very obvious me and my ex still really like each other and i feel that even in a month things will be the same especially after he has time to sort out his life.

6

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys generally aren't credited with having the same feels as girls, but if they fall in love and break up it's just as bad for them as it is for women, although they've got to put on more of a front because it's acceptable for women to blast out the drama and it helps in getting over it, men can't do that. I don't think they're more or less likely to get back with their partners though.

• Actually, it's worse for men. There was some study done somewhere (in the UK, I think), where they investigated this and they came to the conclusion that on average women move on after 2 weeks, and men move on after 2 months. And in the extremes, the men have it worse too -- where women get wrecked for 6 months, men can be wrecked for 2 years.

• @Transigence I hadn't thought about that, it's a very good point!

• @Transigence Sounds about right that... unfortunately I'm in that situation now.

What Guys Said 5

• When my exes want to get back with me I usually think, Run it's a Trap! It's not what I do, just what I think. In retrospect I think people would rather be Unhappy in Relationships than Unhappy and Alone. Outside voices are easier to deal with than Inner ones.

• At least among heterosexual pairs, I think it's the same. The exact same. Because it has to be, mathematically.

• I thnk you seem very mature & I think you're doing the right thing. As a guy myself if I've been dumped I won't be chasing, so yeah if you dumped him then its upto you to contact him 1st... if you want him back.

• If you want to get back with him then you should reach out to him. Don't continue to waste time if this is something you want to pursue.

• I believe most will move on than get back with their ex, but it all depends on how they left things behind.