Tell me your break up stories?

My boyfriend broke up with me today and while I have a lot of regret I am better off. We just weren't on the same page and we both had different expectations for the relationship. I'm going to miss him and some of our past but I'm happier without him as we had been fighting a lot lately. I have learned what I want and don't want in my next relationship. So tell me your worst/recent break up? how did you feel? are you better off?

57

Most Helpful Guy

• My first ex and myself were hopelessly in love (or I thought so). She was talking about marriage and kids with me, and a month later, I find out she has been cheating on me. I found solid proof, and she didn't deny. But when I said I wanted to break up, her words were something like this:-
    "If you dump me, it's your loss. A gorgeous girl like myself can find a much better looking boyfriend than you with the snap of a finger, but an ordinary looking guy like yourself would struggle to find any girlfriend at all, let alone someone as pretty as me".

Sometimes I wonder if her words did come true, because I just had one rebound relationship after that (which lasted 2 months), and have been single for almost 5 years now.

• ):! Aw no you are not ugly and your ex was very cruel! you can do so much better. You'll find the right one!

• I know what you mean words can hurt and haunt you for years if not your entire life. I was mentally abused growing up and I have been in most of my relationships and my self esteem is so low.

I'm glad you take care of your appearance and want to look good- that's healthy. Men scare me too! only because I fear I'm not good enough for them. We both have that in common.

• Thanks for MHO! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Worst break up... was a few weeks ago for me. He was my first love and the guy I lost my virginity too. He was my everything for 7 months. It's not that long I guess my time doesn't change how much it hurt when he left me. Out of the blue he broke up with me. The afternoon he was still sending me kiss emoijs telling me how he is looking for our date that night. Five hours later he rocks up at my place and breaks up with. He told me he wants to be alone and still wants to live life single. He wants to travel alone. What also upset me was the fact that he pretty much told me without saying it directly that he still wants to hook up casually with other girls and isn't ready to settle down. The irony is he was never that way at the start when I met him. He changed. I was too in love to care. He also struggled with a weed addiction. People say you can't get addicted to pot... maybe meet guys like my ex who literally couldn't go a day without smoking. If affected his life. He got lazy at times. It sometimes affected our intimacy too. It was bad but I didn't care because I loved him and saw the potential in him. I wrote it off as typical college guy behavior and he said he'll stop smoking when he's done with uni.

Anyways, I'm feeling much better now. I've never cried as much as I did the night he broke up with me. I showed no emotion when he was there with me but when he left I cried. I begged my parents to fetch me (I stay at uni 45 minutes away from home) and I cried the whole night. In the car. When I got home. When I went to bed. It was terrible. The next day was the same. I reached a point where I couldn't cry anymore. I told myself I can have a week to be depressed and then I need to let go. I did that. I then focused on myself and did a lot of reflection on the relationship, me and him. I realized too it just wasn't mean to be and accepted it is over. With time the hope I had for him to come back also left me. I'm now fully aware we are over for good and that he'll never come back.

I'm honestly OK now. I get moments at night in my bed where I miss cuddling with him all night and I miss the intimacy and how we used to be together but those moments pass and I remember my goals and plans and the life I have planned for me that doesn't involve him and his negative points anymore.

• I'm so sorry he hurt you! I relate to the abruptness of the break up. Just two nights ago my ex and I were laughing and goofing off having a great time together. 24 hours later he tells me "This isn't working. I don't want to be in a relationship anymore. I'm sorry, I care about you and I feel like a bastard but it's how I feel" I haven't cried about it because I knew our book was coming to a close anyway. We lost the spark and passion we had for each other. What hurts me is remembering all of our good times. the beginning was so exciting! we did everything together. Now a lot of things remind me of him. Our favorite store, the movies, certain restaurants. I'll never forget him because like you I lost my virginity to him too. He was great for awhile but I know he has commitment issues. Gosh I miss him...

• Girls my story is way way WORSE but it was years ago who I lost my virginity too. I thought I was going to die. I will not write it on here but if you message me. I will tell you the story and you will fell a MILLION times better believe me.

What Guys Said 6

• Worse break ups are the ones where one person just randomly falls out of love... when your just not good enough no matter what you do..

Things can be easier when your able to attach fault of some sort

• I was with my LDR we are going good the only thing I have is anger for little little thing as all I am good shows her importance in my life I says her that broke up when ever I get mad she know that I am saying things in ager not in real but a time come when she take this words in actual and loose feeling for me my online friends told her not to be like this then after 4 days she said me to be a friend because this time she loose feeling for me as I cried so so much between she is not giving answer to me after sending her all the videos of me I sing a song for her while crying in video. Treating me as a friend she reply to my message like after 4 or 5 days I was understanding this time that she busy but she do always the same. same messaging after ever 5 days or 4 days this time I was to mad at her then I message her she take that message in wrong words as my English is that bad that she take that words then she is not messaging me at all I start calling her through Skype don't know who the guy is at night he pic the call and start yelling on me and said me that leave her alone. I just want to listen from her as she said me creep cling so bad word. I feel she cheat on me don't know if that guy is her brother maybe bud don't know. its been one month that we are not together I am happy tho. I wasted time and my energy on her..

• I was 23 and the only girl I actually loved, had to leave me due to a forced marriages her dad made her go through.

• i've had 4 gfs, each one of them ended in breakup when nothing ever happened, turns out 2 of them were liars, one was a sex addict, the other I never saw again

• My ex cheated on me. Slept with same guy 9 times

• The worst for me was when I didn't take her out on New Year's Eve because she had a cold for two days beforehand and I didn't bother to check in with her that evening and went out with my friend.

She was livid! She started screaming accusing me of treating her like a fuck buddy and just acting crazy like she had some similar past event. Guess it was over after about 9 months of going out.

Told some other people and they said I was better off since she went bat shit crazy over such an event. I can understand being upset, but not raving mad.

What Girls Said 4

• I broke up with this guy I was with for a year and five months. Imagine I've wanted to be with him since freshmen year and never had the slightest clue that he even thought of me. By sophomore year he got the courage to talk to me and eventually after talking for a while asked me to be his girlfriend. We were insepreable. He would always find a way to put a smile on my face , just thinking about him would make me smile. but that's the thing we were basically obsessed with eachother the only I had time to myself was when I was sleeping. Eventually I felt like I was losing feelings for him but didn't realize that it was just that we needed to take time to ourselves and not be with eachother 24/7 but it was too late when I realized it I already broke up with him and I tried and tried for a whole month to get him back , which I succeeded in but ended up only hurting me more since he ended up beaking up with me and told me that he didn't feel the same anymore just saying those words makes me remember how much it hurt when he told me that. I would basically cry the whole day with

• I just went through old texts of my ex and I back when we were happy and it hurts.

• I deleted everything and it sucks but I know it's what I needed to do

• Yeah I know it's gonna be tough but that's what is gonna help you the most and by the end of it he's basically gonna be nonexistent to you ! It's gonna be a process which takes time. If you need any advice or someone to talk to feel free to message me 😊

• We'll one time I had to break up my sisters fighting.

• I broke up with my boyfriend 2 weeks ago because he was texting this other girl. He convinced me she was just a friend so I took him back. Last night we we're supposed to go to this restaurant but he stopped to get gas first. While he was outside I looked in his console and found condoms and one was missing. I've never done anything with him so I told him to take me back home. Now, he won't stop calling and texting me because I won't answer. I was mad/sad at first but now I'm just thinking.

• That is terrible! I'm so sorry ): stay strong! if he's cheating don't take him back!

• Yeah I'll try not to take him back this time 😔. I finally read his texts and listened to his voicemails this morning and he said that his brother left them there the night he used his car.. I honestly don't know what to say about this 😐

• My boyfriend and I have been off and on for 4 1/2 years. I met him when I was a senior in High School and even before I met him or knew his name, I was drawn to him. It was kind of pathetic, honestly. I would get extremely butt hurt over any female trying to flirt with him. I had never once tried to pursue a man before. Normally, I had men at my feet constantly. Not because im gorgeous, because trust me, I am far from. But he didn't. He didn't harp on me or try bribing me. In fact, he showed zero interest in me whatsoever. So, I pursued him. I kind of pushed myself on him, so to speak. He played this "chase" game. He kept me guessing. Wondering what the fuck was going on and if his interests were the same as mine. I fell so quickly for him. The first time he ever kissed me, I had such a intense head rush. Biggest smile on my face for a solid three days after. So corny. I know. But then, he dropped me. And he stayed out of my life despite my many attempts for a few months. But he came back. And here we are 4 1/2 years later with 2 children, a house of our own, stable jobs, and plans of marriage in the near future. Yes, we have broken up many many times.
    The worst was just last year. I ended up going to stay with my mom after our bad fall out and all the sudden, his attempts at reunification became scarce. I found out a month later that he found someone else. He lied to me about her, straight to my face. I had never ever experienced so much pain in my life. I cried nonstop. I lost every single ounce of body fat I had and dropped down to maybe 109 pounds, size 2 jeans. Smallest I've ever been. But for some reason we found our way back to each other. And I love him more than anything in this fucked up world aside from our beautiful babies.
    Some things are meant to be. Others aren't. Every relationship I've had before him is completely meaningless to me now. Every heart ache I've had, every moment of "suffering" I felt like I had gone through- its nothing now.