What's the best way to get over your ex?

its been 5 & a half months since the breakup and I still feel really sad lonely and depressed. what's the best way to get over ur ex?

It's been 5& a half months since the breakup and I still feel really sad, lonely and depressed. What's the best way to get over your ex?

35

Most Helpful Guy

• Get over your ex.

Like, ACTUALLY get over your ex.

Don't try and pretend it never happened. Don't try and bury it somewhere deep down and lock it away in the back of your head.

Turn around. Face your pain and your past, embrace your choices, for whatever pain or happiness it may have brought you, however small.

The problem with people these days is that they are weak, and when it comes to dealing with their problems, they have complete shit coping skills.

People don't seem to understand that your choices and the scars that they leave are a part of you, and that they are there to help you accept and build towards something better in life.

Most Helpful Girl

• Get completely passionate about something else!!! I went through a break up a few weeks ago and I've since figured out goals in my life and have become so obsessed over these goals and plans that I don't even care about my ex anymore. I'm so focused and driven on something new and completely different that he just seems so far gone now. It can be a hobby, skill, sport, interest... there's so many options. Dig deep and find something special and significant to you and work on that. It has helped me so much. I loved my ex and I'll always remember him. There is sad moments of course but most of the day I am so absorbed in my world and interests that I find myself thinking of him less and less.

So basically... fall in love with yourself and your goals. That's the best way to get over a ex!

• Such a great answer! I needed to hear that!

• @heywhisper

I'm SO Glad I could help!! My heart goes out to anyone suffering a broken heart. I know the feels and want to help as many people as possible in healing and telling them there's hope. It will all be OK!

What Guys Said 4

• I've found that after a break up sometimes just pretending to have fun when out with friends will lead to actually having fun for real and faster than dwelling on the pain.

• ice cream, pizza and masturbation.

• pole vault! :~) hope u find this funny-and makes u think. for more wisdom check out the daily newspaper comics page or my web site

• Date other people. Works for me every time.

What Girls Said 2

• Go out , delete his number , unfollow him from all social media. Basically do anything but sit down or lay down without doing something because the first thing that's gonna pop into your head is him. Honestly the thing they helped me the most was hooking up and meeting new guys.

• think of all the shitty things about him that make u glad he isn't yours anymore.