What do you think/feel about your ex?

And I mean the long term ones, where they broke your heart. I was with mine for almost 4 years and he broke up with me 7 months ago. He keeps saying it's nothing that I've done that he just doesn't want a comitment. He keeps trying to be in my life, he wants us as friends. I don't want that. Anyways, I don't hate him but I don't wish him well. He is now partying and getting drunk every weekend, having sex with sluts. He is now everything that I dislike in a person, a huge turn off. It makes me sad knowing that the old him is gone, such a potential to waste. He was amazing. I use to respect him and admire him, now I don't anymore. He did me so wrong, he treated me like a garbadge and it's partly my fault that I let him. He is not even aware of anything, he thinks he's a king. And now still keeping tabs on me and wanting desperately to be friends, makes me think even lower of him. I don't know, sometimes I feel like I'm a bad guy here because I see people talking nice things about their exes, because they made them happy at a time. What does it matter? Past is past, what matters is what they are now and how they make you feel now. My ex makes me feel stupid every time he pulls a stupid excuse to talk to me and I respond nicely because I'm a nice person. But most of the times I just want to tell him to fuck off and to send him like a huge middle finger sticker or something. I feel like he doesn't deserve me being nice to him. He IS nice to me, he always was, but I mean he dumped me, so what does he expect? He knows he fucked it up and wants me not to have hard feelings, but fuck it I do.

60

Most Helpful Girl

• I miss my ex a lot. I understood why he broke up with me. We had different goals and wants from the relationship and life. I'm okay with that. What I'm not okay with is remembering all of our good times. All the laughs, special dates, hugs... it just hurts so much remembering!!! I cried so badly over him yesterday and I've been strong today. I just feel empty now. I also need to remember that he's not the person he was when we started dating. He stopped trying and was being distant from me for a few weeks before the break up. I should have seen it coming. He asked me if we could keep in touch ( we both are writers) and discuss our stories. I told him yes because I do value his opinions on my writing. I'm going to miss the times we wrote together too :( it's been 3 days and we haven't spoken since the break up so I honestly have no idea if we actually will keep in touch. I think maybe speaking once a week, or even once a month will be okay. I don't expect him to want me back. I have no hopes for that. I just miss talking to him.

• Obviously I don't hate him nor am I angry with him. I always want him to be happy.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• I feel the exact same way about my ex. He broke up with me completely out of the blue and he thinks it's okay to do that because we'll still be 'friends'. I refused to be friends with him because he needed to understand that what he did was NOT okay. I feel bad because I know he does care about me and probably really does want to be friends but I was just so hurt by him that I don't even want to see him any more. I feel so uncomfortable around him whenever he's with my friends and I'm there and it's just easier and better for me to just stay away from him. I think everything you're feeling is completely normal.

• Tell him no more. Unless you have children together there is nothing tying you down to him. It is normal for people not to stay friends once a breakup happens. He's doing it to manipulate you don't Let him. Nows where you need to draw the line. Good luck 😊

• Oh im sorry :( I know the feeling
    In this situation its definitely best to not be friends
    This happened with my ex and we were together for 4 years.
    Anyway I told him how I felt and deleted him from social media. Sometimes we catch up for coffee or whatever but I keep my distance

• One side of me loves him because of things I learned from him. But I hate him and never want to see him again.. he's dead to me

• I never been with a guy that long and if I did I would make sure he was a good guy before I even pursued such a relationship