How long will it take to get over my ex?

I know everyone is different but on average what would you say is the normal amount of time to get over an ex? my boyfriend of 6 months broke up with me a few nights ago and I have already done lots of crying and now I just miss him. I miss his hugs, his smile.. his smell. His beard (lol) I miss the way he made me laugh everyday. I know we broke up for the right reasons ( we wanted different things, had different goals in life etc) but even knowing that I still hurt. Everything reminds me of him. I see guys that look like him from the side or back and my heart skips a beat then sinks to my stomach when I realize it isn't him. I must love him to feel this much pain.

64

Most Helpful Guy

• They say half the time that you were together. So in your case maybe 3 months depending on how much he meant to you

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's all about mind set.
    I was with my boyfriend almost two years, we've been broken up for six months, haven't seen eachother in two months and like you, it was for the best, we wanted different things, but that doesn' make it any easier.

There are times I'll lay inn bed, starring out the window and i can sweari feel his arm wrap around me. And you have to have times like these, You have to allow yourself grieve and miss them inn order to moveon. Just some people get stuck in this phase so it takes them longer.

But since my break up, I've felt depressed and now actually okay. The logical part of my brain kicks in and reminds me i won't be alone "forever" and that we had a great relationship, just not meant be together forever either.

Just keep a positive mind and allow yourself time be sad without dwelling too much. Everything happens for a reason.

• I'm grieving over him now. I miss him so much :( I hope I can move on soon

Thank you so much for replying to my question!!

What Guys Said 3

• It will take as long as it takes but what you got to remember is that happiness is a state of mind 😄

• 6 months or more for the pain of the loss. At least in my case and we were together for about 4 years.

• I WOULD SAY PROBABLY A YEAR OR SO, ITS USUALLY THE AMOUNT OF TIME AND HOW WILL ING YOU ARE TO GET OVER IT.

What Girls Said 5

• I'm going through the exact same thing. Like, exact. Except we were together 4 years. My advice is you need to keep busy. Keeping busy was the best thing for me and I always think I see his car parked up as we live close by and I get the same feeling! And never ever forget how great you are. You need to remember not everybody is everybody's deal. I found this out. I couldn't believe somebody I loved so much had had enough of me, it's hard to take. But with this you will soon find that there will be somebody who had all his qualities and more, possibly even better. He was not for you and you weren't for him. It will get better, you will absolutely not feel like this forever. I'm on week 7 and I am all cried out and piecing my life back together. You'll find someone who makes you feel even greater than him. Let it happen naturally and don't seek 'another him'.

• Hi i would say you should make friends with new people and also be always happy but if you still want him back in your life or may be you can't be able to get him off your heart you can reach me on my email i will let you know all to do ok. mccartkatty@gmail. com thanks

• 37 days, 4 hours, 26 minutes, and 17 seconds. Give or take.

• There is no average >.>...
    Go hang out with your friends, do things, try new hobbies, do your old, I don't know

• 1-3 months.