My boyfriend broke up with me bec. we got into a heated argument. The next day he said he's sorry, wanted to reconcile. Should I go back to him?

In his email the next day, he said he really loves me and cares about me, and wants to work it out. He feels that I treat him like a king most of the time. Sometimes, we get into arguments about little things, but they spiral out of control (which leads to me not letting go of an issue, and him swearing at me or punching a wall.) I walk away or sometimes he does, and later we would talk when things cool down. However, frequency of our fighting is taking a toll on both of us. I have not responded to any of his calls, texts, messages, or emails. He has also contacted my family to ask if I'm okay. I didn't want to respond because I was so hurt that he broke up with me, and I'm still hurt. He sent me another message saying to take my time, and then contact him when I'm healed. He's really a wonderful person (e. g. my flip flops broke, and he would give me his sandals so I would not have to walk barefoot, he takes me on fun vacation trips, he makes me laugh when I'm having a bad day at work). I'm taking my time because I don't know if he's going through the grieving process of losing me or if he truly thinks I'm the one he wants to be with in a long-term relationship if we can work out and stop the fighting. I'm also fearful because it really hurt when he broke up with me; I practically felt sick and could not work. Is it possible to lessen the frequency of the fighting? Should I go back to him? How should I even respond? I'm 28, and he's 33.

• Go back to work on the relationship.
  • Move on and forward.

33

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think this even considered as a break up it's more like withdrawing from the argument so I think you should go work it out

Most Helpful Girl

• I see the Love here, dear, I Feel it as well, and if any couple should be Back together it is You and this amazing man, who really cares about you.
    I think that ironing out all of the wrinkles in Any relationship takes work, and once you get Past the things that went bad, the Other will be fought and bought until Finally everything ends up on a happier note because I Know.. Love finds a way.
    Open lines of convo is always the best way to work as a team and try hard every time to get on the same love line.
    Of course you are still hurt but working together as these team mates, make the hurt a little less because tis unconditional that is the best from the rest.
    Take a little time for yourself thane contact him and talk it out. For now, text him that you will be in touch, you need some time. This may get him thinking that this has to stop and to come together as two birds of a feather who really do need to stick together.
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you so much, @emmashew for the Vote of Confidence and hopefully things will get ironed out soon.:)) xxoo

What Guys Said 2

• What couple doesn't fight? That is what make-up sex is for! He realized what happened, said he was sorry, and wants to work on it. Take him back!

• Arguments are going to happen. It's unhealthy if they don't, but, if you're ALWAYS arguing about STUPID things like who took the last cookie, then you have a problem. Arguments are arguments when they aren't supported by facts. If you want to have a debate, make sure you have your facts straight, and that he does too.

What Girls Said 2

• People say a lot of things they don't mean when they argue. I think you two should be adults and work on your differences. Stay.

• see, i thought this was between teenagers. If he's 33 and still acts like this, i think you should end it