My not so prince charming?

I was devastated to break up w the one. On the surface he looked like a committed guy I could one day marry. As I got to know him I started to see an immature child. He never had any interests in anything, never wanted to go anywhere on days off. He would pay for my meals, I paid for them too and I would always invite him over for dinner. For our 6 months I spent time getting his gift prepped, he gave me candy come to find out those candies were something my mom gave him earlier this year (that bag is only available at a certain store and only sold during the holidays. He wanted to marry me right? He told me he had no $ for the ring, which I never insisted on he always brought it up. He never saved $ for it he was willing to go out to the bar once a week (w/out me) and spend ridiculous ants of money on game cards (something similar to Pokemon) hoping to win at tournaments. This is a grown @ss man who doesn't have a disposable income and had wants to make a big step such as marriage. For valentines he bought me gorgeous roses, the other 2 times he brought me dead flowers, I would have taken a hand made card or candy. The main reason for the split was him reacting badly to me asking what he was planning for the future. He told he was going to wait for it to come and he was living day by day. That freaked me out as it shows he never even wanted to marry me. Did I dodge a bullet?

03

Most Helpful Guy

• I guess it depends on what you want. Could you see yourself living with him as you did recently for the foreseeable future or did you need some change in your life?

If you did, then I wouldn't necessarily say that you dodged a bullet, but I think you made the right decision. I think I can relate to the "living day by day" part that your boyfriend said. If you are the kind of person who likes the idea of a partner that is career driven with many or at least a few goals, I would say that you definitely made the right decision.

• I wouldn't mind living day by day w someone in the sense that I would cherish that day. But in order to move forward you need to make an effort living comfortably is not enough you have to prepare to weather for any storms

What Guys Said 2

• Sure did! You were like Keanu Reeve in the Matrix!

• At your age, yes you dodged a bullet.

• I'm actually just a little younger I didn't want to out my real bday. I guess I the same age range as you.

What Girls Said 0