How do you get your mind off an ex? How do you keep yourself from texting them?

Ok.. my ex broke up with me 3 weeks ago.. foolishly I've talked to her basically every day since the breakup.. but yesterday she was like "We should be friends that occasionally talk, talking all the time feels too much like how it was when we were together" I feel like a dumbass I've smoothered her.. even after the relationship... I feel like if I have ANY hope.. of getting her back or even being good friends with her in the future... This is a HUGE test for me.. she basically asked for space... So if I text her now.. I'd be disrespecting her wishes and looking desperate in the process.. never attractive traits a girl wants in a guy... I'm not sure if she's testing me or not.. but it's almost like a test.. I feel pretty confident we'll either be something in the future or by then I won't care.. so it's a win win... . it's weird because last Wednesday.. we talked so much.. and we didn't lose our connection at all from the breakup... but since then we haven't talked much and haven't on the phone at all... I feel like she either got scared.. started gaining feelings again/got confused.. or I don't know... but I feel like if I pass this test of not texting her at all this week.. that I'll either get her back, be decent friends with her or completely get over her... deep down I feel like she KNOWS I'll text her and end up blowing up her phone.. so I want to prove her wrong.. maybe I'll earn some respect back

85

Most Helpful Girl

• K, here's what I think You should do... ( That is if you wanna pass this "test")

1) Remember: She said She doesn't think you two need to talk everyday, She never said Never text or call again, be strong, wait a few days...

2) After a few days have passed, phone her, or text, whichever you prefer. Make sure when you do this you're prepared to tell her how it's been difficult not talking to her for awhile, as you've missed her, don't sound too desperate, keep it a "matter of fact" basis. Once you've expressed this fact, LISTEN for her response.

3) If she expresses She's missed you as well, then and only then, explain to her that you've wanted to call/txt several times but you've refrained from doing so because you wanted to respect her by giving her the space she requested

Most Helpful Guy

• I play video games and party

• Is it wrong.. that I'm pretty confident this girl will come back?

• So after playing a lot of video games after a long period of time do you find yourself forgetting the ex or do the feelings come flooding back since you didn't really "deal" with them before?

• For me the feelings start to dull out then I finally move on with my life @sephylove

What Girls Said 7

• best way (I am a text addict too so its tough) is to write down her number and put it somewhere way out of the way to get. then delete her number and when you feel the urge to text, you will have the time to stop yourself from doing it in the time it takes to find her number.

• How long do you think I should go no contact for?

• He's actually approx 10 years younger

• His biological parents are still married, as are mine... Believe or not this matters. Both our parents are happily married. Now this wasn't always the case, as I've seen my parents fight and argue and even split up a cpl times for a brief period in the past. Yet, they've shown me that throughout the years they've remained committed to one another. He's had a good example of that too... He comes from a really, really, really good family.

• You shouldn't focus on all of that. You obviously broke up for a reason. So give her space and don't and spend all your time counting down to when you should contact her again. Go out and do something!

• Start texting someone else.

• Get a life and do things so you won't have to time to think about them

• Change your phone number

• It takes time.

• I think of them making out and having sex with someone else, which in my case they did before the break up. Removes all desire to contact them immediately.

What Guys Said 4

• Dude just wash your hands of it , even if you have to dislike her to do this. You are making yourself look desperate by what you are doing

• Don't contact her ever again. If she texts you, assume she wants to see you and make a date. In the meantime, enjoy your life and meet other women.

• i know what you are going through, i have the same problem, but im trying to maintain composure. Today my ex girlfriend and i texted a bit , she texted me around 13:45 today, i had to wait for a reply for almost 4 hours. I haven't replied to her last text, not because i dont want to, but because i dont want to act needy and desperate. I will reply to her when im done working. that way she knows i haven't forgotten about her text, im the last thing on her mind before she goes to bed, or she reads my message somewhere during the night. i do want to see her this Friday she has been asking me to meet up, so yes i do want to see her, but i want it to be mainly or her initiative, she dumped me, i didn't dump her. like me just talk to people, and read the internet. you should find a healthy balance between contacting her and keeping your distance. i did a lot of stuff for my girlfriend, and i really sincerely interacted with her daughter. maybe she will notice this when its gone, i try to look the best i can Friday, new clothes, fresch haircut, good smell etc.. then i just see what she has to say. if she says, i just want to be friends, i ask her what she expects from my friendship, because im not like any of her friends, im responsible , and i respect her.

• Delete their number, delete them off social media. Delete them from your life and do your own thing.