What's the best way to get over the person you thought was " the one"?

Is it best to delete everything?

411

Most Helpful Guy

• By realizing that there isn't a "the one". In reality there are probably plenty of people that we are compatible with for different reasons. There are billions of people on this planet so the odds that there is only one special someone is just statistically impossible. Yes humans are complex creatures but they aren't THAT individualistic and complex. Keep this in mind because it will always help you move on from failed relationships. There IS someone else out there that you will be happy with. For now, focus on hobbies and passions and continue to push forward in life.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's always difficult to move on when you have been so emotionally invested in someone and have started to plan for the future with that person. Everything reminds you of him and every couple that you see reminds you of that one person. I'm going through that right now. The best thing I have done for myself is go on a trip, I was miserable but then it got me out of the house. Then I signed up for meetup. com to meet people with similar interests. There are no obligations but you begin to see there are a lot of people out there. It isn't much but it is a start. Good luck!

What Guys Said 10

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMLYvMzaH5Q
    Sing about it.

"It's a cold dark night in October
    As I wander till the morning light
    I don't mind it's getting colder
    Because my whole life is October night

Down the drain we'll go
    That is all we know, that we know
    Into the great unknown
    That is all we know, that we know

It's a long walk if you can't find your way home
    And I know because I ain't got none
    I'm warm though it's cold,
    but there's no one to hold
    As I wander on my own

Down the drain we'll go
    That is all we know, that we know
    Into the great unknown
    That is all we know, that we know

I met a gorgeous girl
    She said: 'take me home'
    And she broke my heart
    Back home "

• Your best bet is to acknowledge the fact that there is no such thing as “the one.” You can spend years coming up with a list of what makes the perfect match only to fall in love with someone that does not fit half of the stuff on your list. If you are always holding out for “the one” you may pass up on countless people that you could be perfectly happy with.

• Let me tell you one thing. Stop believing in the "one". It creates too many expectations and leads to a potential for harder heartbreak. Just enjoy relationships while they last and don't build up many expectations for outcomes.

"Hope for the best; prepare for the worst." Cautious optimism.

• Easy -- meet the next one. You will meet a bunch of people that aren't as good as your ex. Pass them by. Eventually you will meet someone even better, and then you won't think about your ex anymore.

• Start dating fast again to find a new chosen one

• Realize that they weren't the one you were looking for, and move one keep a look out for her.

• live day by day

• Have sex with someone better looking like many times.

• Sleep around.

• Replace that person with another person.

What Girls Said 3

• *sigh* i guess u just have to look ahead and stay positive. keep ur heart open to new opportunities and remind yourself that not all is lost. if u believe he's out there, keep waiting on him.

• Find someone else. Put yourself out there, meet new people, eventually you will come across someone who will be so right for you that you will forget that other person. :) There's plenty of fish in the sea!

• Time... Sorry but it is the only solution