Adding a divorcing man?

So I'm living with and completely comitted to a incredible man but this man is going through a horrible divorce his ex distroyed his ability to trust and he is projecting all this on to me.. one min we r fine making love planning his sons birthday party.. he is a big advocate in fitness so he has been talking about me joining a gym so I did today and now he is worried that my friendly personality is going to attract the wrong attetion.. he is concerned that I need more out side attention for people (men) other than him... which is not true I'm completely in love with him.. I haven't been or wanted to be in a relationship in over 5 years by choice.. I was perfectly happy with my solitary life.. my friends and family.. then I met him and we instantly feel in love.. today he tells me he thinks I'm only in love with the idea of a relationship is told him thatshe not true cause relationships scare the hell out of me and I wasn't exactly looking for one I was open to if I found one but I don't need one... I want one with him... he told me that he feels there is better than him out there and that people always look to upgrade there partners because that's what his ex did to him... he is planning on moving the rest of this stuff in to my house tomorrow and I can't keep having him beat me up emotional I have try to reassure him a number of times that I'm in love with him but he just keeps saying the same thing... my family thinks I have lost my mind.. I don't know what to do. I told him if he needs to take a break or wants to leave I can't stop him... he said to me that he never planned on falling in love... help advice please

31

Most Helpful Guy

• Why do women go for divorced men but then won't have one night stands?

• Nice real nice

• Isn't that a good point though? Why did you get involved with a man who clearly has drama? @asker

Most Helpful Girl

• He's not ready to be in a new, committed relationship. You can't achieve a true partnership until he's done dealing with the issues from his past. I personally think moving forward with this relationship is a bad idea. The timing is bad. You'll just end up feeling drained and bitter. Don't let his damages damage you.

• I know I need to walk away just not sure how.. I'm already crazy in love with him and he has moved in to my place...

• Also how do I distort him more by telling to get leave.. that alone will break my heart

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• Sounds pretty controlling. Good luck with all that drama. You will have it non stop as long as you are with him. No matter how old the kids get his ex will always be in the picture. Like I said good luck with that one

• Have a serious talk with him a let him know that this is not an ok behaviour. If he doesn't stop after that then leave, he's got issues.