Is my ex trying to manipulate my broken heart?

I thought I found the "one", more then halfway into the relationship I discovered he wasn't the caring selfless guy I had fallen in love w/. He never admitted he was wrong, even if he hurt me. Whenever I would feel upset or hurt it was chalked up to my overanalytical woman mind. Yeah somethings maybe were small, but I did approach him about feeling like I was being taken for granted. He got concerned I would leave and apologized w/some dead flowers and candy bars. I thought his apology was legit, but I started feeling that way again a couple weeks after the apology. I approached him again about where out relationship was going and what he was doing to secure our future (I am currently planning what career I want and saving money to live). He got upset about me asking and we got into a big argument. He never apologized (dumb me I did). I then approached him another day about feeling taken for granted and he pretty much told me that I should find someone else and told me he would leave if I kept treating him that way. I decided to break it off because I was sick of someone who didn't care about my feelings. He didn't respect my family either, he never would thank my parents when they did nice things for him. I feel he is only doing this for himself because he knows he lost me, before I never had the strength to walk away and this time I left.

02

What Guys Said 2

• Mad props to you for leaving. I know that could not have been easy but from what you wrote it sounds like he never really gave two shits about you.

• It was one of the hardest things I have done, I'm still picking up the pieces of my shattered heart.

• I actually really want to give you a hug right now. It will probably take you quite a while to get back to where you want to be but once you do you will be a stronger person for the experience.

• Thanks I have had a good support system of family and friends. My parents have been extremely helpful. They weren't crazy about the guy and had hoped that i would make the right decision. I know if they had interfered I most likely would have clung closer to my ex instead of seeing the faults myself and ending the relationship.

• Hmm i don't know where it says he is manipulating you now.

What Girls Said 0