Ex boyfriend won't talk to me, sending mixed messages, what is he thinking and what should I do at this point?

My ex boyfriend is sending me mixed signals. In the beginning, I wanted to work things out. Now, I'm honestly starting to despise him. I wanted to be friends and he claimed that he wanted to be friends also. He told me that he had no issue with talking to me, but thought I should take a bit of time away from him so I can get over the break up properly. I told him I would but would like to talk about it before, and he said sure. I didn't hear from him at all. So I just left him alone for awhile.

I don't desire a relationship with him anymore, but I just want a friendship. I'm not interested in talking about what happened in the past, because it's clear he doesn't want to talk about it. But now he won't talk to me at all, he completely ignores my texts and I can't get in contact with him. Is he just lying through his teeth and not interested in a friendship?

Anyone? Please?

42

Most Helpful Guy

• Who ended it. You or him?

• Kind-of both. He got so busy that he wouldn't even talk to me anymore, much like he's doing now, so I told him I didn't know how it would work. He acted really upset at first and then suddenly said it was just a fling and he was just using me. It completely shattered me. He claimed he did this to make the break-up easier for him and me both, but it just hurt me more. So I don't really understand it. He claimed he wanted to be friends, but it certainly doesn't seem that way.

• He either doesn't know what he wants, OR, he's an ass hole whos using you when it suits him. Id go distant for a bit & let him work whatever he has to, let him miss you & make him realise what a nice girl you seem to be.

What Guys Said 1

• That's why he's your ex. Better to go for a clean break and go your separate ways. There's no good reason to try and stay friends.

• That's not always true, I'm close friends with a few of my ex's.. it works if both people are mature

• @ImDan421 even so I don't see the point, especially for this particular question. And in the case were you are still friends I'm sure there was some initial time after the breakup were you were not or did not associate with each other.

• That's true as well.. being friends with an ex RIGHT after the breakup is hard.. and I think it depends, if you were friends with the person before the relationship.. you still get to keep someone who knows you pretty well

What Girls Said 4

• ... It's clear he doesn't want to talk about it...
    I feel with this "EX" that he was trouble when you were together and if you even try to be these 'Friends' instead now, it will only lead to Double Trouble which you don't need here, dear.
    He is giving you a poor example of being a not so good friend till the end. I would now refer to him as a "Fair weather friend," wash your hands of him, tell him if he does decide to talk to you, that you are moving on from all the hissy fits and that Includes... Him as well.
    Good luck. xx

• It's always difficult for both people to be friends after a break up, purely for the fact that you have to change the way you interact with one another. It's hard to be friends because you never want to say the wrong thing or be too flirty or intrusive in their life, so a clean break is always simpler. Maybe just giveit time and he'll come round to the idea of being friends.

• It's simple.
    The more you go after him for whatever reason, the more you'll be ignored. If you want friendship, than it can wait. Don't contact him in any way. Eventually, if he is interested in anything, maybe friendship He'll contact YOU.

• exes r exes for a reason... run girl...