Have you ever had a breakup harder to get over than your first serious one?

• Yes
  • No
  • Have never had a serious relationship
    Vote C
  • Have only had one serious relationship
    Vote D

61

Most Helpful Girl

• With all the relationships that I have been in, with all the serious ones as well, the ONLY one of the Ones that was the Hardest for me to get over was My: First Love, at the age of 16.
    I broke it up with him, due to his immaturity and it was the Hardest, most painful feeling tha ti ever experienced in my whole life. It took seven years to try and get over the hump, however when we both ended up getting together one nite before he got married, it was then that I realized I wasn't in love with him anymore and that I outgrew my heart for him.
    I have broken off many relationships, came to many other agreements with others that were mutual, but the One that I could never shake for a very long time was my First love, and even Today... I still remember that terrible feeling that was so earth shattering.
    Good luck. xx

Most Helpful Guy

• I have had 2 break-ups, and due to the circumstances, it wasn't really 'hard' for me to get over them (one cheated on me and the other was a habitual liar).

What Girls Said 5

• My first two year long relationship was hard but I was well supported and it was justified and fairly easy to overcome eventually.

My first serious adult relationship aged 18 that lasted two years was a lot harder because I was lied too and cheated on and I felt really ashamed and taken for an idiot and the sadness lingered because I never got any (decent) answers.

• Which was the deepest love for you. Which one did you have the most passion and intensity for at the time?

• The second relationship, it felt like it was going so well which is why it hurt so much when I found out that it was all bs. It was a lot happier whereas the first high school one was always very dramatic.

• Yes , and what made it worse is I pretty much did it to myself. I this bad habit of ignoring the obvious it's like a mind fck I play on myself preferring illusion to despair, thinkin this will make the emotional blow of my ignorance crashing down around around more tolerable... of course it doesn't and it more painful know I chose to look stupid, used and add more negative things about myself to my already endless arsenal of ways things to say to keep me humble

• Yes, my break ups get more and more painful.

• can't say I've ever been in a relationship...

• I don't know what you mean, could you explain. Your first love wasn't that, it was the second time around?

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!