My girlfriend broke up with me because of her parents. I feel this just an excuse. where is the TRUE LOVE?

We were together for a year and half. she broke up with me yesterday because she doesn't want to lie or hide our relationship from her Hispanic family who does not accept black. she said that she feels guilty about lying to her parents because, of how they are helping her with school. we both knew this from the beginning and both agreed to keep going and fighting! we both promise to never leave each other but she left me!! IT HURTS!! True love? she is 23 and i am 24.

12

Most Helpful Girl

• sorry to hear about that but i hope you guys will be able to get back together.. but concerning whether its an excuse or not... that's a bit confusing

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, it is obviously an excuse, because she knew about her parents since the beginning. She could have just told you this initially, so that you wouldn't have wasted a year and a half dating someone you have no future with. Looks like she just used you to gain emotional support and companionship.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 1

• Wait it out until she finishes school, then tell her parents to take a flying leap?