Do you hate your ex?

I guess its still hard to be completly over someone if you still hate them. Or are you indifferent to them/dont care anymore? Or do you just hate what they did but not them?

• yes
  • no

1421

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't care anything about them any longer. I refuse to allow them to have any control over how I feel or how I live my life

• It took some time to get over the anger I had toward her , but I am now at a better place in my life now that I no longer care anything about her

• We were married for one month shy of 10 years. I helped her raise her kids during that time. Once we split up for good I did hate her for what she had done. I didn't date for a long time because I didn't feel it fair to drag all of my baggage into a new relationship and doom it from the start because of the past. I met a great lady and she started to chip away my wall that I had built up , we have been together now for almost 18 years

• All in all it took the better part of a year and a half to decide that the anger I held inside was allowing her to control me , and get it out of my system

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't care about my ex

What Guys Said 20

• I don't really understand this notion of hating your ex. If you had sex with them, one might've hoped that you thought they were pretty swell to do that.

• I am neutral about her. I can't get myself to 'hate' the person I loved at some point, although what she did to me was nasty. But I can't help but wonder if her curse to me, about not being able to find anyone else (this was 5 years ago) when I broke up with hr had some effect, because I have been single since then (except for a short term rebound, immediately after he breakup).

• I'm sorry about that. I don't think it was her curse, guess sometimes life works in that way :/ I hope you do find someone soon though :)!

• Honestly, I looked at your profile pic and you aren't bad looking at all. Just have some self confidence. Yes attraction is important but if you are also looking for a super gorgeous girl, you will also ignore the average ones who might be into you. Its a two way street

• Thanks for saying I am not bad looking! :)
      No, I am not looking for a super gorgeous girl at all. I always get attracted to a woman's personality and intelligence, rather than looks.

• It sure hurt like hell when she ended things. I hated what she did but I still thought about her a lot. There was times where I thought I could never move on. But time passed, I moved on. And then the day came when I didn't think about her as much, and then a couple more days came along, where I thought of about her even less, and then one day I just didn't think about her at all.

• No. Some exes I was unhappy with, but never hated. some things work and others don't. I never got close to someone that I would end up hating, and though the breakups hurt, none was worth hating over.

• While we where never together there is one girl who i'd consider my ex.
    We where extremely close in emotional way rather then a sexual way, i had deep love for her. Sadly her boyfriend kept her from talking to me, after months of being horrible to all her friends i ended the friendship to protect myself from getting hurt to much.

After i was over her she contacted me again after the breakup with her boyfriend, she apologised for her terrible behavior as she was manipulated by him and not herself. I accepted the apology and we where friends again.

I still think she is an absolutely great girl and i never hated her for it, sadly being seperated for a year we have drifted to far apart to build a proper friendship again. It probably will never happen.

• Most of them I am pretty indifferent to. One of them is now one of my very best friends… and she is totally going to be the best “man” at my wedding.

• I have to say that at time I wish I had never meet my ex-wife. At others, I'm indifferent. I guess I've just gotten to the point where I have accepted that I cannot change what happened and have to move on.

• I now live far far away from my ex-wife and only see her on very important days in our grown child's life. I expect to see her maybe once more at our child's wedding. But I'm still very friendly with an ex-girlfriend.

• No, i don't hate no one cause hates a strong word that goes for my ex girlfriends even though stuff happened i move on without hating them, same goes for someone who may hurt me whose a friend.

• No. I see her more like a sister now.

• I'm over them, no hate at all.

• I'm indifferent to her now.

• Nope, I don't hate easily.

• My last one? Not at all
    The one before that? Very much so at first lol

• Not at all. I love her (not in a romantic snence) but I have seen what a beautiful person she is. She hates me and I hate what she did to me. but I couldn't never hate her.

• Nope.. I don't hate her at all... I hate how we barely talk since she was like my best friend BEFORE the relationship... but if eventually she wanted to be with me again or be friends.. I would be cool with it

• No, but I will keep clear boundaries of the friendship, especially if I am in a relationship like now.

• I dislike her, but I do not hate her.

• Still lover her unfortunately.

• I was severely disappointed to learn that she returned safely from overseas. I was seriously hoping she'd get kidnapped. Out of country for the year, and no kidnapping. What the fuck was the point in her being gone?

What Girls Said 13

• I have only two.

One I was never really friends with in the beginning and we were only together a week. (don't even know why I count him to be honest) I don't talk to him, I don't see him, I rarely even think of him. (It helps that I've moved town since)

The other I stayed friends with. I worked out afterwards that she'd only asked me out to have a little consistency in her life, but we're okay now. We'd been acting like friends rather than girlfriends. And I don't deal with not being able to kiss and cuddle even a couple of times. I'm affectionate. It feels like something is missing if I can't be affectionate.

My current boyfriend, I'm sure we'll stay friends if we break up. Hopefully.

• I don't hate him. I'm disappointed with with him and how things went down between us, but I don't feel like he deserves my still actively being against him. I'm mostly indifferent. What happened happened, I'll just steer clear of him as much as I can.

• I do but I understand it's because I feel some kind of emotion for him which is hidden with hate. It still means I dislike what he did to me at the end and have no respect for him any more. I'm tempted to crash my car into his whenever I see him, that's how bad it is.

• I don't know what it is... no matter if I'm played like a damn fool. Abused like a useless dog. Or used just cause he know he can. I can't hate them. lol I hate on almost everything, but the people I come in contact with

• yes, yes i do. i dont hate easy.

• I've never been with an ex long enough beforehand to hate them. They all just annoyed me after one month of dating (at the longest) and I dumped them. If I were to break up with my boyfriend of one year right now though... I probably wouldn't hate him (unless he cheated on me). We would probably still be friends with a lot of sexual tension and most likely benefits and then eventually get back together again lol.

• No I don't hate my Ex husband. We get along pretty good for the most part but he sure is pissing me off today. He got a textful from me earlier.

• The reason my ex and I broke up was because we grew apart over the years (5 years). Although he was the one to break up I never held grudges against him. We've been separated for exactly 1 year now and we're still friends, turns out we're much better off as friends than as partners. There's no reason why I should hate him.

• Hate? No. Would I love to see them get their karmic comeuppance? Absolutely.

• I used to hate both my exes, to the point when I would bump into them my stomach would turn. But now there is no feeling at all. Its all dead. Im not angry, im not upset but I dont want anything to do with them either

• Mine turned into a tweaker when we broke up. lolol have fun with that bruh.

• I don't hate my ex's we r friends but to begin with he was mean to me and sent mean messages but he got over it and we r cool now xD

• Depends on which one you're talking about lol

• First : no
      Second: yes
      Third: no, in fact i still love him
      Fourth: no, we're good friends now
      Fifth: hell yes i hate him
      Sixth: no, but he thinks i hate him. Weirdo

• Ohh wow, something similar happened to me actually. I fucked up like 4 months ago, and now Im wondering if I will ever stop loving or thinking about this person :/ Does it get easier? I mean you do love your new boyfriend right

• It gets harder actually. Especially if i start thinking about how good things could be if i didn't fcked up. You'll get used to the feeling eventually, i did. Just try to make yourself busy.

Erm.. I like him a lot. We've been close for 6 months before making it official (2 days ago lol). I also care about him but love.. Well I don't know i think its a little bit too soon for the word "love" i don't want to be mistaken it with lust haha.