How to let him down easy?

So, there's this guy who sits next to me in a college class and he has the same hour break that I do before the class. Last semester he started sitting with me during the break with a few of my friends and talking to us. We talk in class sometimes, about the class or the weekend, just general stuff. We didn't talk outside of class until we had to do a group project with 3 other people together and he got my cell number along with everyone else in the group. He never used it and neither did I so it didn't seem like a big deal, but since this semester started, he's been acting like he wants to date me- flirting, texting me (I don't reply) etc. How do I let him know I don't like him without making it awkward to sit next to him for the next 4 months?
+1 y
Thanks for all the advice guys, I'll try to be unresponsive-and if he asks about my relationship status, definitely pull the "not looking for a relationship" card.
How to let him down easy?
1
2