Do the chances of getting back together with someone derease the longer you are broken up and not speaking?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Not necessarily. It's a possibility both ways. If the love was true and the timing just didn't seem right, the longer you're broken up, the more you may miss he or she.

If things went south toward the end of the relationship, but the couple really connected more so than any other person and they didn't talk after the breakup and focused on bettering theirselves, then time apart may increase the chances.

I guess it all depends on the connection that the couple shared. It depends if there was something truly special between a couple. It depends if there's no one else out there truly like the boy or girl

Most Helpful Girl

• If he's not making any effort to repair the relationship don't wait for him, move on. Don't be the pathetic ex waiting to get back together while he's out talking to other women

What Guys Said 2

• Yes, I believe the chances do decrease as time passes. If people have the intention of getting back together, they need to WORK towards making that happen, rather than staying away.

• Statistically, yes, they decrease. If it has been more than about a month since the breakup and you haven't been in contact, the chances of reuniting at some point in the future are very low, almost zero.

What Girls Said 1

• I think it depends on the circumstances but if he has made no effort at all then i think its time too move on x

• He's made effort but I keep shutting it down because he cheated and I guess eventually he will stop making attempts :(

• If he cheated why do u want him back? It wouldn't work as you would never trust him and be paranoid you wouldn't be happy. If was dumb enough to cheat on u in the first place then hold ur head high and move on to someone who knows your worth x