Why did you end your long term relationships?

This is only for dumpers.

I never ended a long term relationship, it was always them. So I don't know really why people breakup so easily.

148

Most Helpful Guy

• AT my age, I've had quite a few relationships. Hitting on the highlights:

PP Decided that divorcing her previous husband was a mistake. She dumped me to return to him, they remarried and divorced again within a year.
    EA I moved away and she returned to her ex-boyfriend
    JS I broke up because she was too self-centered, I gave her crystal candlesticks for Christmas, and she gave me a lint brush (really!)
    GL She had a cocaine habit and I didn't, She thought that I was too good for her and would dump her eventually, so she dumped me first.
    DH Married 17 years. Diagnosed with MS, turned into a prescription drug addict. Just fucking nuts!
    PJ Married 2 years. She had an affair with a female friend; she filed
    for divorce when I got laid off from my job ("If you don't have a paycheck to support me, there's no reason for me to stay," she said, and I replied "And I wouldn't want to stand in your way as you're leaving.")
    OB She moved away; didn't want to commit because I was still
    unemployed
    JJ I broke up with her when I discovered that she was mentally ill (borderline personality disorder)
    LC Married 3 years. Her adult daughter was jealous and told her mom to divorce me; LC never said no to her kids.
    IC Current girlfriend of 4 months. All is well so far,

• holy smokes! That must've been a walk down memory lane to write all that.

"DH Married 17 years. Diagnosed with MS, turned into a prescription drug addict. Just fucking nuts!"
      - bummer man.

• Awesome words of wisdom! I loved #1 // 6.

You should be writing little articles here and there (if you're not already).

thanks!!

• @That-Guy Actually, I have written a number of myTakes for G@G. Here is one that I think was well received:

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a22390-when-is-it-time-to-break-up

Most Helpful Girl

• I ended my 3 years relationship with my ex because I'm too disappointed with him, I'm too tired with all of his bullshits. He proposed me to marry him, convinced my parents when I just started to begin my first job as fresh graduate but 2 years since the proposal, he always came out with excuses -
    1. his mum need his financial support,
    2. his older sister is still not married (we need to wait for her, and she doesn't even have a bf!),
    3. he always pushed me to get fit, to the gym bcoz he don't want to marry "a J. LO girl" (it was my birthday, I was not allowed to eat even a slice of cake "for the sake of my fitness")
    4. the marriage dowry proposed by me is too high for him (honestly, it's the lowest dowry price ever, it should be higher but I'm not that kind of materialistic girl) and he even said "stop acting like a princess, you're not even that"
    5. if I want to marry him, his mum demanded that we can't have a child bcoz children expenses is too expensive (we're offshore engineers and I really can't accept this)
    and last but not least
    6. he even said that most people don't even want to marry because their preference is to take care of their parents

He's the one who convinced my parents for the marriage, and he's the one who with all the plan and everything.. but he's also the one who ruined everything planned - he bought his mum a house when he was financially tight (he even asked me for money for his new car's downpayment and also I helped him to sell some cookies for additional income ) and yet he's buying his mum a house, and regretted it bcoz obviously he's too tight with everything financially - and yet, the planned marriage's money is all gone. He got stress and blame me for everything.

My mum was hospitalized for months for stage 4 cancer and we knows she's only will only live for another 2 months on that time.

the first time ever I was so confidence to break up with him is when my late mum asked me "May I know what happened to the marriage promises? it's almost 2 years since he came for our blessing/permission to marry you but what's the plan? I'm sorry I think I can't made it to your wedding day..." I cried so hard and ignoring all his message and calls and break up with him.

the funniest thing is, he came to my house on the spot after I broke up with him to meet my father, told him that he want the wedding happens in a month. He cried and begged me in front of my dad for forgiveness and accept him back.

NAH I DESERVE BETTER!

What Guys Said 7

• I never go into a relationship thinking I am looking for someone to spend my life with. Usually I find though I just get tired of people, they start getting on my nerves and then I just get really uncomfortable with them. But really, mostly they break up with me more than I break up with them.

• What do you consider long term? I've ended many relationships from things I found out about them. it say it has a lot to do with I don't know pride and ego a sense of self worth.

• Because most people focus mostly on the distance they're apart from their partner, rather than feeling close to their partner when they're far away. Just remember for future long term relationships; "I rather live far away from you, and feel really close, rather than living so close, but feeling so far away."

• Well. I've only been in one relationship and it lasted about a year. She dumped me, but I know why and I think I have some insite. Personally in our relationship, she dumped me because I had a lot of sh*t going on in my life and she couldn't handle it or support me to help me get better. so she just left me

• brother what happen what the thing is going into your life that she can't handle and support too

• @amanwalia
      Well, I kinda had a bunch of self esteem issues going on and self harm and all that... I'm ok now. But I was having a lot of issues back then

• I ended my last relationship cause she was planning on breaking up with me

• she is not doing well with me. she had no feeling for me and I am the only person which making an effort. I waste my time and energy on her. she is fucking weird she is not my LTR she is low treat relationship

• The day you realize that as hard as it will be to end it... it would be harder to continue the relationship.

What Girls Said 13

• I’ve ended a long term relationship with a man before because what he had to deliver was simply not enough. I needed more integrity, loyalty, protectiveness, sense of adventure, romance, chill peace, and intense bliss. Over time, I accumulated a list of things that excite my spirit and he just wasn’t on it anymore. I tried to stay with him but found my imagination wandering what it’s like to be loved by a different man…what kind of experiences and moments a different man could bring. Even though there was no other man physically there capturing my attention. My head tried to make it work while my heart felt confined so I decided to stop wasting my limited time alive and move on.

• I have broken up with two people. One I don't count as a relationship (week long) but it was because he'd flirted with some chick on facebook and I was an immature prick.
    The other because we just did not match at all. This was a three month relationship (longest to date) and I broke up with her because we were pretty much just friends with a girlfriend status. She wouldn't let me kiss her or cuddle her or anything. I'm a physically affectionate person. You can't deny me that right. Well you can, I just won't enjoy it and will constantly be missing something. So I broke up with her, and we stayed friends.

I am currently in a relationship right now, have been for two weeks now. According to him, the best dumping technique is shoving them in a rocket and blasting them off into space.
    I replied with the best dumping technique being shoving them in the same creek they almost drowned in.

Feel the love! (We are arseholes to each other. That's why we're meant for each other)

• I got fed up of the constant drama the guy kept creating and the lack of enthusiasm he began to show in our relationship.

Other times I've broken up with someone is because I've lost interest or that I felt that the relationship was going nowhere. I've stopped dating someone after I met his mother because she was fucking crazy but the date just couldn't see it.

• I finally got fed up of their shit. Constantly arguing, taking all my money, just not getting along, liking attention off other girls and not caring that it upset me. I had been wanting to end it for MONTHS and didn't because I was scared of being single, but then I was finally put in a position where I had no other choice. This guy is now literally stalking me, should have ended it a lot sooner.

• Because it wasn't working, and I was tired of being the only one putting in effort! I also felt he was dishonest with me x

• I didn't end mine but the ex boyfriend did. He did by text and somehow months later wants a second chance.

• I realized that they were not the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

• He slept with a prostitute when i was in labour giving birth to our son. So I dumped him.

• We drifted apart and the spark seemed to have gone. I have only ended one long term relationship but in the end I couldn't bear him even touching me. Nobody cheated but I got to the point where I felt he wasn't putting any effort in and I was a free meal ticket. I started to hate the person I was around him as we always squabbled and argued and I just couldn't stand it. We were together for nearly 3 years and at one point I really did think we would get married!

• It was going nowhere and it become stale after some time.

• I broke up with him because he started to annoy me.

• Fell out of love with him. I still loved him, but wasn't in love with him. I am not going to put my time & effort into a relationship where I don't get the same time & effort back from my partner.

• We grew apart had no time for eachother