Have you ever broke up with someone because it's you, not them? Is that saying ever true? If so, what was it about you that made you break up?

21

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, it was me. I just didn't see myself with them five years later. Nothing wrong with her, she was perfectly nice and in love with me. Maybe I did the right thing, but should have done it a lot sooner. Maybe I should have been able to open my mind and overlook the annoying stuff. But I'm happy now and I hope she is too.

Most Helpful Girl

• yeah i've done that with my first relo. the second was definitely him though -.-

as for me i just wasn't feeling it and i began to feel that i was leading him on just to make it work, but i wasn't really happy. i felt like i was being unfair and deceitful, so i just knew i had to let him go before he got even more attached.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 1

• I've never used that phrase but I've had someone say that to me when he couldn't be friends with me anymore. I've always found that phrase to be a lame/lazy excuse and just goes to show that they don't wanna explain or give you the real reason why they need to break up with you (or in my case, not be friends with me anymore) and so they just plainly say "It's you, not me" with the hopes that you'll just let it go and move on.

Just my 2 cents!