How do I break up with a suicidal maniac?

Our relationship isn't working out, I'm just dragging her along and its best to break it off for our own good.
She depends on me so much, too much.

She's suicidal, she attempted suicide in the past and she cuts. I'm scared if I leave her she'll kill herself.

13

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the best thing you can do is sit her down and tell her, suicidal or not "dragging her along" isn't going to help, false feelings are worse then being left alone. Yes she might not take it well , yes she might resort to her suicidal tendencies as a escape from the emotional pain. hopefully she'll power through. But you should never string anyone along letting them believe everything's okay I'm sure she wants you to be happy regardless if it's with her or not.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 3

• You aren't responsible for another persons actions, ever. Go ahead and break up. You deserve to be happy and if you're not then you need to leave. Some of this that she does is simple manipulation to get you to do what she wants

• If you have any contact with her parents, enlist them in solving this problem. They will appreciate your concern for her well-being and will probably understand you wanting to bow out of the picture.

• Nah, if she kills herself it's not because you left, it's because she made the decision already, she just needed a trigger.