How do I get over my first love?

me and my ex broke up over 2 months ago and since then we have been still seeing each other and telling each other we love each other and still have sex every now and then... up until a week ago when i found out she has now started dating this new guy that she barely knows. i was with her for 3 years and now all off a sudden we dont talk anymore and she now has a new phone number so i can't get in contact with her. i feel like I've been left behind whilst she's off now with this new guy being happy it hurts a lot what do i do to get over her i was with her for 3 years and i still love her a lot and i thought she did aswel please any advice

11

What Girls Said 1

• This is what usually happens when you stay in contact with your ex, thinking everything will be okay, casually having sex, hoping for the best. HOWEVER what happened, is almost exactly what happens 90% of the time, one person out of the two will find someone else! I don't recommend even staying friends with an ex, unless you're were dating them was like a friend, this case it isn't, and all i can say, yes you'll still love her, she will hold a special place in your heart, however she has moved on and you should too. You're still young, it isn't the end of the world, one day you will wake up and you will be completely fine, you will even sometimes forget about her, just try to make yourself happy in the mean time, don't put all your thoughts on her, instead use this as a time to get back to being comfortable being SINGLE and do stuff for your own reasons.

What Guys Said 1

• For me it helped to just focus on what was bad