How and when should I give my ex his stuff back?

My ex and I stopped seeing each other 4 months ago because he was going through depression which caused him to start using drugs. Once he stopped using, we kept in contact by texting for about 2 months after that and we talked a little about staying together. He would text me to see how I was, when he was feeling really bad about himself, or he'd just tell me he was sorry and that he loved me. After a while we just stopped talking. The last time I texted him he was still really depressed.
Anyway, I have his favorite expensive jacket and a couple other things. He has some of my stuff too. I just don't know how to go about giving him anything back since we quit talking so abruptly and he may not want to hear from me even if it's for this. Should I wait and see if he says something to me?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• I was with a girl for 6 months, was intense, I saved her life,,, long story,,, but message here is she has my ring (s) One of which is worth some money, the other one not so much, and some other items and also owes me money.

She assured me she would send it/pay it all back, and did so on her own. Part of me wants to believe that she is honest to do so, but then again I can't trust her either due to other issues.

It could be that she still cares, wants to hold on to it until she gets herself in order which I know she needs, any maybe holding on to it for a distant future for us.

I simply don't know.

The only thing is I know time will tell. She is overseas too, has always prided herself on being honest. Of course that might not be the case even.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would do it right away, so I can get it over with. Nothing is more annoying to me when it's prolonged which is what is happening to me now, and he won't even respond at the moment so I'm annoyed haha. You can just say "hey, just wondering if I could get my stuff back etc"

What Guys Said 3

• Tough one. Take his things to him under the pretense of checking on him that you're worried and ask if he wants them back

• That is an interesting one. It sounds like you both still care about each other but you have good reasons to not be together. I say you bring it to him in person.

• Legally after 3 month in most places his stuff is yours

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!