Girls, Why does she think her ex will change?

Even after 10 years of constant arguing, manipulation, emotional cheating, drinking and constantly ignoring her for friends. My now Ex-girlfriend has gone back to her ex-boyfriend. I don't understand, he constantly says he'll change, and goes right back to how he was. He has made it clear several times that he doesn't want children, and yet she does. Yet, when he says he wants kids just 1 time, it's enough for her to go running back. Why do women let their emotions get manipulated and played with? Their logical side must be screaming that there is something wrong with the situation... I don't get it.

1

What Girls Said 1

• It's all a mind game and whilst she was with you, her ex still had control over her, whether you or her realised it or not.
    We don't "let" it happen, it simply happens. It's called manipulation for a reason.
    "Psychological manipulation is a type of social influence that aims to change the perception or behaviour of others through underhanded, deceptive, or abusive tactics."
    That manipulation is changing her views on certain behaviours. That guy is making her believe slowly that his behaviour is acceptable and that's all she deserves. She's fairly insecure to let it happen for so long but she will eventually realise that she deserves better.
    Psychological manipulation is always hard to understand if you haven't experienced it.