How do you switch feelings off?

How can some people switch off their feelings so quick? And if your one of them tell me how you bloody do it lol im fed up of sitting around over analysing everything my ex says or does to me since we split and thinking he's going to come back because he won't.

45

Most Helpful Guy

• The only people that can switch them off are sociopaths. They don't have them at all. The others are usually people that immediately get in a rebound fling to hide the hurt and it gives the impression they can switch

• I know men hide their feelings a lot better than women but wish i knew if he's at least feeling a little bit crappy about leaving

• You'll probably never know but I'm sure he is

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly you can't control your emotions, it just happens randomly, one day you're going to wake up and find yourself getting over that person, it's a subconscious mannerism, the more you're trying too hard to forget the more you actually increase the degree of anxiety you have about that specific person, just try to ocuppy yourself and meet new people mostly, find someone else to obsess over mayhaps? But honestly, only time will make you heal, just give yourself time without contacting him nor seeing him at all, and next thing you know, it will be over..

• I wish was that simple we have a child so i see him a lot :( im fine in the day but at night when little one is in bed all i do is sit and think

What Guys Said 4

• You just need to distract yourself. Doesn't have to be a rebound like someone suggested, it can be anything that distracts you: family, sports, hobbies, etc... Eventually time will kick in and do the rest.

• I'm simply born this way. Most of the time, I can switch off feelings if I get a sudden dislike for people who did something stupid or are stupid. Other times, out of rage. It's just natural.

• Just lie to your self and forget your feelings, keeping busy helps to. and hopefully it goes away in time.

• There's a button. .. just click it.

What Girls Said 3

• I'm a person who can switch their feelings off, and honestly it's quite shytty. I can be best friends with someone we can go through it she can be my ride or die but if something happens to the point that I'm actual upset and I feel played I can literally forget and ignore everything we've been through together and carry myself as if we never even knew each other, guys it's sad to say it takes a bit longer but they eventually fall into the category of no return as well
    I can and if necessary awknowldge their existence and be polite but as for hanging out catching up checking up nah ur not shyt to me and I for damn sure wasn't shyt to u let's keep it how u displayed it. Personally I hate that about me cause the pain from of all of it doesn't hit me right away

• Id rather be like that than a pathetic mess lol friends i can cut off if they did something bad to me but men they can be absolutely vile and i still can't just forget them

• Yea when it's female friends that's die to the fact there your female friends, they didn't do whether it was sexual or not what a close male friend, boyfriend etc did for u on a emotional level so it always hard to throw the guys memory away and yes they do, and can do the fouliest of things and you can still think back to a time he made you smile like... wtf nah that takes time because it on a while other level

• I feel like if your feelings are genuine, then you won't be able to just switch them on and off. It's not that simple. Not for me anyway.

• Well thats how i feel and i know my ex boyfriend felt the same as me but he acts like i meant nothing

• Yeh and its annoying would be nice to know they are a mess too lol

• It sure would

• This is exactly what i need. I've been waiting 3 months for my ex to text me, to say something, even to accidentally message me. But nothing. Not even one word. I don't know how he switched his feelings off but it still hurts me everyday.