Had a breakup without a goodbye?

Ever broken up with someone without really saying goodbye, no "have a good life" etcs.

This happened to me. The last thing I told my ex was that I was sorry that I was selfish and goodnight. And he said goodnight to me.

After that I kept him on my contact/social media list for a month but he never messaged me.

I just deleted him after that.

And now I feel the relationship was left unfinished, and I miss him and I want so bad that he would message me.

Has this happened to you? Whats the best way to handle this scenerio if you know your ex does not want to talk to you again?

75

Most Helpful Girl

• This is nothing about an unfinished goodbye. You miss him.

My ex texted me saying he cheated on me and goodbye, I didn't even reply. I don't care and don't want to be with him. We were together 5 and a half years.

It's not about an unfinished goodbye. It's about unfinished love. And only you can deal with that.

• Omg, the way you said that. It's like you read my heart. How can I deal with this?

• You're amazing, you literally just spoke to my soul lol. It is hard, soooo hard. :( I guess time is my only friend right now.

• Message me babe. I can see you are hurting and I felt the same. I can help you through and I don't want you to be alone xxxxxx

What Guys Said 5

• ... they are gone, there is no reason to. I have a feeling as if you are putting your ex on the pedestal.

• So you regretted the break up?

Why don't you contact him to test the waters, either he 1) Doesn't answer 2) Answers positively 3) Answers negatively.

All my break ups have been like that though.

• Didn't you miss them afterwards? Did you feel like you needed closure?

• How did you get the closure?

• I just realised there are always better women out there. That they're just grains in dust.

• The best thing that you could possibly do for yourself is live your life and focus on being the best possible version of you that you could ever be.

I know that it hurts but remember that you're not incomplete.

• You broke up, whats the goodbye for? You're done, easier to drop it and walk. Thats how we guys do

• yeah.. She just started blowing me off and making excuses, then ignored me

What Girls Said 6

• The best way to handle that sort of situation is to just block/delete them from every form of communication you have. Phone number, FB, IG, etc..

What do you hope he would say in the message that would bring you 'closure', make you feel like you're ready to close that chapter? Probably something along the lines of how much he misses you and wants you back. The sort of things that's much more likely to happen in movies, not so much real life. The longer you keep the hope for that alive, the more longer you'll draw out being upset about the break-up.

• You're right, I do want him to say he misses me and that he wants me back. I honestly don't know what would convince me except him saying "Fuck off I don't want you." But he never said that. He was always so nice to despite everything. But I dont know ughhhh.

• yeah, I've totally been there. Also hoping for 'closure' like crazy. Whether it be good, asking for me back, or even something bad, him doing something so bad that even I couldn't justify it would've been much appreciated. He ended up cheating which I thought would've qualified as the latter, no such luck. I didn't get over that until about 2 years later. A year after the break-up he did message me saying sorry, he feels terrible for what happened, etc..

The kicker? It made me feel no better. I didn't get that sense of redemption I thought it would bring me. The truth is that once you're so hurt, nothing can really bring 'closure' or make you feel better. Unless you figure out a way to turn back time, of course. Otherwise, the damage is done, time is your best friend.

• Yes ma'am it has happened to me it happened 3 weeks ago and unlike you I didn't even get a good bye no nothing he had the decency to wait after my birthday though gotta appreciate that.

Anyways if you have a way to contact him , you need too if it's truly bothering you. If you think it'll help you move on understand fixed it etc. he may be waiting for you especially if he thinks you were in the wrong and should fix it. There's nothing wrong with you talking first waiting isn't going to fix how you feel

• yeah but er... who cares?

• Well I've had a break up where he didn't really break up with me, he just started seeing someone new?

• Yep. I deleted him from everything, I regret not saying goodbye but whelp

• Yep almost every guy has done that to me
    It's not the end of the world
    I have been treated worse from verbal abuse
    I would rather a guy ignore me then verbally trash me