How to overcome sadness and never ending loneliness while being alone?

I don't really want a relationship or to develop any new friendships. I'm trying to get it across to everyone. I want to feel better on my own terms. I have hobbies and I occupy myself, but its not enough. How do I get through life alone without feeling completely desolate?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• maybe you could try volunteer work. volunteering always makes me feel better because I'm not focused on myself, I put my energy and time in making someone else's life a little better. and it's great knowing that I'm not the only one who cares, there are so many other volunteers who are trying to make a difference. it might make your life a little more meaningful

What Guys Said 2

• I'm trying to figure this out myself. However I desire a relationship, because I've never had one before and I'm starting to feel sad and alone too.

I start a new semester next week, so I'm going to try to apply myself more, and focus more on school work and possibly extra activities if I'm not busy to keep myself "distracted" from being alone.

• Just focus on whomever or whatever is most near and dear to you. That's what I do to keep from feeling desolate-

What Girls Said 2

• drugs

• I'm stuck here too. I have hobbies to distract myself but they are not enough. They keep me busy physically but my mind still wanders off. I don't want a relationship either because I just got out of one and it doesn't feel right. So.. I'm just here, but not quite becuase I feel like a part of me is missing. I want to find myself and find what lifes all about but it seems impossible and I feel lost. I don't know what to do:/