How do I break up with my needy girlfriend?

Her- 20 lives with rich parents, never had a job, very dependent girl. Loves me but is super attention seeking and jealous.

Me- 19, work 3 jobs, live in a flat, and cope just as well single as I do in a relationship. I would say I'm an independent person and like my space.

We are both full time athletes who train at the same facility.

Basically the neediness has gotten too much over the past 6 months and it's time to end things, but I have no idea how to. I accept that I'll be the "bad guy" :(

41

Most Helpful Girl

• You're not the bad guy, she will likely see you that way but it doesn't mean you are. Just be upfront with her and tell her that you don't see your relationship going anywhere because you're in two very different stages of life, and you don't want to risk wasting your or her time when you could both move on and be happy.

• Thanks- that's it! We are just at completely different levels of responsibility and I'm not used to being used as a comfort blanket :/

• Yes that's what it seems to be to me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Similar to letting go an employee, you should do it on a Friday. Be honest and don't have anything around you that she can attack you with.

What Girls Said 3

• Just tell her that things aren't working out as it's become obvious that you two are very different.

If your morals and personalities are not compatible (like your situation) then this relationship will not survive. You'd rather break up with her now than just keep going for the sake of not wanting to upset her. You'll be the bad guy to her but at the end of the day, you know what is best for you. Good luck!

• You can explain to her how you're feeling and communicate the decision you've made, just like that. I think it's a nice gesture to do it in person, even though she might cry and stuff.

• Just be honest and expalin you don't have the same goals and you don't want to waste anyone's time. She should understand and if not that's her issue. Don't lie to try and make her feel better say the facts and move on.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!