Which is worse?

Having a reason for a breakup, like "I hate how you bite your nails, I can't see you anymore, we're done"

Or not having a real reason, just being semi-ignored by the guy that means the world to you, so much so that you feel he wants to end the relationship so you break up with him. No reason at all... just the fact that he got distant and he never explained why. And during the breakup he says things like you're smart funny and talented, and you're an amazing person... I mean how do people get over a breakup where there's nothing said about why things fell apart?

32

Most Helpful Guy

• Real reason ALWAYS! Otherwise, the guy won't learn how to be better. Also, it is torturous to not tell him the truth and he wallows in confusion. Besides, think of yourself: If you give a bullshit reason, you will gain a reputation for dumping guys for bullshit reasons - and then they won't want to go out with you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Being so distant would be a reason to me, and that would hurt. If I kept trying to make it work or at least communicate and he was just indifferent... indifference is the worst feeling. That is the reaction I give to those that have wrong me, and it drives them crazy, too. It's mean, I know, but for my cheating ex, I didn't get mad; just showed I didn't care and he got weird.

What Guys Said 1

• A breakup for any reason is unpleasant but I think there's always a reason

What Girls Said 2

• Subconsciously you might already know why you broke up with him and just haven't let yourself realize it yet.

And him saying things like that, maybe him letting you know you were_ smart_ to leave him you'll be okay cause you can make the best out of situstions _funny_
    You can find someone if you want cause _your a amazing person_

All of that is speculation of course

• My friend Andy did this to me. I never knew why?