I sent my ex a long email about why I'm deleting him from my life?

On Wednesday, he told me he no longer had feelings for me & probably never would again. He said he was surprised to hear that I still had feelings for him, and that it took him a long time to get over me, but now he had no doubts that he was.

The next day, I sent him a long, heartfelt letter about why I needed to delete everyhting that reminded me of him (messages, number, EVERYTHING) and move on.

Is this pathetic?

42

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe not pathetic but it won't give you what you want which is to make him feel bad. He doesn't care

Most Helpful Girl

• I've done this in the past. No I don't think this is pathetic. Even if he doesn't feel the same way it is like a huge weight has been lifted.

You have let everything out, thrown all your cards out on the table. Even if he rejects you there is no question of what could have been and that gives you the closure to let go. I think it's healthy.

What Guys Said 1

• If you did that as "revenge" or to one up him, then yes it is pretty pathetic. If you were just sharing how you felt with each other then you shouldn't worry about it.

What Girls Said 3

• No, you are not pathetic. You are just confused about your emotions, which is completely okay. You have every right to change your mind, and it is better that you told him now instead of going back with your ex.

• No you're fine. I hope you get over him and find someone better haha

• Yes it is because if you really want him out of of your life then you should have never wasted your time writting him a letter telling him why. When you delete a guy from your life you cut him off