Is it morally wrong to date my ex-fiancee's sister?

I was dating/ engaged to a woman for about two years ago. we broke-up about a year ago now, we aren't friends at all anymore. in fact we don't speak anymore.

About 5 months ago, I began hanging out just as friends with my ex's sister, who has a kid. over time we have grown closer, and now I'm wondering if we should take the next step and start dating. I believe she feels the same way as I do, but the only roadblock that there might be is my ex ( who is now 6 months pregnant ) my biggest issue is that my ex would probably freak if anything happened between her sister and i.

So I guess my question is: Do I ignore my feelings and keep the peace in their family, or do I act on my feelings and date my ex's sister, and possibly start world war 3?

p.s. the child is not mine. I haven't seen my ex since 2 months before she got pregnant

103

Most Helpful Girl

• whoa whoa, your ex is pregnant? with your child? I'm sorry, but now that makes it a million times worse. at least tell me you're gonna be there for that kid, regardless of what the feelings are between you and the mother

• Oh, I'm sorry? was that not the answer you were hoping for? that's why you downrated me?

so go ahead if you want to so bad, deal with all the drama. don't ask questions on a dumb site.

• Lol ya a delete option wouldn't be so bad.

I never thought of it from the prospective of having an ex date my brother. I know I sure wouldn't like it much.

• I wish you all the best! It's unfortunate when life gets so complicated. It would be nice if there were clear cut lines for everything.

I am personally an only child so I don't know too much about siblings, but I have a cousin who is like a sister to me and I've always wished she really was. She means the world to me so I would never want anything like that coming between us.

What Girls Said 9

• i think that if you really belive something could come form the relationship with ur exs sis

then go for it

its between you and her

yes it may b awkward but if ur ex is over you then really she has no reason to get mad at her sis or anything

alls fair in love and war haha ever heard that

if the sister wants to date you and you want to date her so be it

u hav to remember that if the sisters ok with taking the chance of mayb making her sis upset then you should try to make it work

• no don't listen to the guys no, why on earth would he go after her sister, its hurtfull.

even if both of you are single,even if both of you like each other, there are million of other girls out there. don't go after a member of her family or friends! stay away it hurts ALOT because it will mean that he had an eye on her when we were together so its gross... it will create a lot of drama!

• Do what you think is right

I think it might be best if you talked to your ex first about how you feel with her sister. Not to get her permission or anything, but it's better and would probably make things more comfortable in the long run if everything is out in the open

• I think it's a bad idea starting a relationship with her sister unless you talk to her about it first and she gives you the all clear. The last thing you wanna do is put a wedge between them,right? Talk to both the sister and possibly your ex (if that can be possible) and maybe she'll be pretty cool about it and say that it's ok :)

Difficult situation though either way.

Best of luck

xoxox

• I think its a bad idea. Its going to create a lot of drama. Your ex is pregnant- she might flip out and its not going to be good for the baby. I would wait. Let things take its course

• yes, it's wrong.

• NO IT NT OK ITS HURTFUL FOR YOUR FIANCE

• after reading that the baby isn't yours, now I don't think its a problem. my friend dated this guy she was head over heals for. they dated for a while. and broke up. then a couple years later she dated his brother for almost two years. the brother she first dated didn't have a problem with it. they were bestfriends actually.

your ex is an ex for a reason. just becuase its your ex's sister doesn't make it any better, but there's nothing you can do. your ex is gonna have to learn to get over it. you should let someone else stop you from being with someone.

• i think its not a good idea.

there are plenty of good girls out there for you

why choose your ex fiance's sister?

its not worth the drama.

What Guys Said 3

• You're single, she's single, and the ex, is the ex. She'll deal.

• the ex is not your responsibility, her sister will know how to maneuver the situation better than you.

• Go for it; if you and your ex aren't even communicating, what's the loss?

Regarding the 6 months pregnant ex, is the kid yours? You stated that you broke up with her approximately a year ago and are now not even speaking. If the kid isn't yours, it's not your problem and irrelevant to the issue.