If your boyfriend threaten to beat you up, is it OK to leave?

1515

Most Helpful Guy

• In a relationship no one deserves to be beat up or threatened to be beaten up. If I were in a relationship and I felt there was a need for me to get harmfully physical towards my lady or if my lady is threatening to do harm to me, I'm out PERIOD. If this is your case do yourself a favor and get out of dodge, sometimes threats do turn into actions.

Most Helpful Girl

• ... uh yeah this shouldn't even be a something you need a opinion on.
    If he's says he going to do it, it can be a threat that's all words but simply being able to look at you in say it should show he contemplated it before and then he's going to do it eventually.
    You can ride it out and test him , and unless your a MMA fighter I don't suggest your try to defend yourself unless you have a weapon , you threat to bring the police in and he dials the number for you... you need to apologize wait til he's sleep and leave
    Trust dear being in the hospital for a busted lip concussion, and cracked ribs is not fun especially when explaining it and they look at you like "we know your lying"

What Guys Said 14

• uh yeah absolutely... not really ok to stay in a relationship that is abusive or has the threat of abuse.

• yes but dont let him out talk you fire back but dont push it hard he might hit you

• Get a few boysfriends of few of your girls as friends to be trusted, so when you fall someone is behind you to catch.

• Not only is it okay, but you should leave.

You should feel protected, not threatened.

• Yes, I wouldn't even hesitate
    Leave already

• GTFO!!

Don't accept that from ANY man.

Not even if he apologizes... that's the sign of guy with a serious flaw and he will need A LOT of work to overcome that kind of deficiency. It's not a job you want to take on.

• Run to the Hills.

• aren't you the sharpest tool in the shed aren't ya

• No one has the right to touch a woman without her permission. And definitely no one has the right a woman. If any man even threatens you. Dump him. He isn't worth it.

• yes it is, and you should

• Yes 100% Don't let him scare you or treat you like this. Leave him, he doesn't deserve you at all

• it's not only OK but it's necessary

• Unless you're both WWE fighters, threatening physical violence against another person is never okay. Not only is it okay for you to leave, but you would be doing yourself a disservice by staying with someone who has such a short fuse. It's only a matter of time until this story ends very badly if you stay with him.

• Rhianna didn't

What Girls Said 14

• Yes And... Leave ASAP. If you stay and stand for this, you will always be stooping to whatever Poop he may THROW your way.
    He sounds like a control freak and one who is not afraid to show you who is boss. He is also a coward and I wouldn't trust him, he may have a history where it is repeating itself.
    Be your own Strict straw boss and give him his walking papers and make sure you protect Yourself... He means business, no monkey business.
    Good luck. xx

• Absolutely! If you don't feel safe, then have friends keep in touch with you. You don't have to do something just because someone threatens you. If he comes to your house, call the cops. You don't have to talk to him. If you don't want to be with him anymore, then you have every right to leave.

• What the hell? Is it ok? YOU BETTER LEAVE ASAP.

• Meh, I have to agree with the rest of the people here, you must leave this guy, for your own sake.

Good luck.

• yes just leave

• Yes.
    As in any relationship that's violent.

• Not only is it ok, it's HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

• It's more than okay to leave and it's something you should definitely do.

• I think it's not just okay, that's your cue. Gtfo girl and don't look back. Don't waste any more of your youth on that bully.

• Hell yeah it is.

• He wouldn't be my boyfriend anymore. I would have him charged with attempted assault.

• Is it ok to leave? Hell yea run for your life.

• yes leave that's totally unacceptable to threaten someone.

• Do you have any male relatives you could tell this to? Seriously I would round up all my male relatives and visit the guy and ask him to repeat exactly what he said. We'll see if he's still a man when he's surrounded by my male relatives.

Get the fuck out of this 'relationship'.