What would you do?

So im dating this guy, he's 2 years younger then me. Thing is he has no goals, he expects money to fall in his hands, he always lies and im getting pretty annoyed of him being dependent on me when I have my own things to do, im teying to get into vet school & working 2 jobs. What would you do?

34

Most Helpful Guy

• Hit the eject button. Be kind about it though. Normally, I would say be 100% honest as to the breakup reason because that is how men learn and become better. However, in this case, you likely should be slightly more vague. For instance, ask him rhetorically something like "Bob (or whatever his name is), what would you do if we were married and I became injured or died and could no longer support us? How would you take care of yourself?" Based on his answer, you can gauge his personality better. If you don't like the answer and it is indicative of a key personality issue, then you can respond that "I just don't see us having a safe future and I need that."

Most Helpful Girl

• I would have been out of there a long time ago. He's not good for you. Move on.

What Guys Said 3

• Love + trust + respect = a successful long-term relationship

If you don't have any of the three ingredients, you are doomed. You didn't mention love, but you obviously don't respect him and it appears that you don't trust him. If you are smart enough to be vying for vet school, you should be able to solve the remainder of this simple word problem.

• Cut him loose. You're moving in 2 opposite directions. He's rapidly becoming (already is?) a deadbeat, while you are trying hard to make something of yourself and your life. Unless you want to take care of him the rest of your life cut him loose now. I have a couple of friends with this problem. They guy is nice, but lazy and useless, and she has to do all the work @home and also pay all the bills. Now theyve been together so long, that he's practically her child, and if she left him now, he'd have to live on the streets as he's never worked and doesn't know how. It's pathetic really. Get out now.

• Wow your standards are low

• There not low he wasn't like that when we started dating, i dont know what happened to make him like he is now

• Leave him duh that's the only rational thing to do.

What Girls Said 2

• Ditch him. It might give him a wake up call he desperately needs. If you won't do it for yourself, do it for him; it isn't healthy to be dependent on someone else for everything.

• Talk to him honestly if he doesn't show any progress then decide whether you want to leave him or not.