My ex wrote me a long apology letter and thanked me for everything, and ended it by wishing me a good life?

With these kinds of letters, do you think there's an ulterior motive? or does it really mean goodbye forever?

11

What Guys Said 1

• That actually sounds like an awesome way to break up with someone. No, I don’t think you are likely to see him again.

What Girls Said 1

• I think it is both a way for him to organize his feelings and to help you understand them. It's closure for both of you, and a very thoughtful and kind act on his part.

He wants you to know that he's thankful for your time together, that it wasn't a waste, and that you helped him grow as a person, even if your relationship had to end.

I don't think he has any ulterior motives by doing this. He just wants to move on knowing that everything ended peacefully.