Ex wrote me a long apology letter and thanked me for everything, and ended it by wishing me a good life?

What is the motivation behind these types of letters?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Probably holding out some hope of reconciliation.

2. Wants to end on good terms and have you remember him fondly rather than negatively.

3. Doesn't want to think of himself as a negative jerk who couldn't say thanks, I'm sorry, goodbye.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • i agree with you. and I guess sometimes even when intending only closure, ad wishing someone a good life seems obvious closure, people should state that expressly 'this is for closure' just to avoid confusion. bc it can be confusing if the other person is hoping -or worrying- it means more. especially bc many people do these things as a means of establishing contact or remembering themselves to the other. or to guide their chances. if people were honest more often than not im sure closer would be more obvious--even when obvious:)

Most Helpful Girl

• Most likely closure. If he wronged you then maybe guilt and compassion. Sometimes, to get attention to get back together. But a lot of people are open when that's the case.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE