What if you want to talk to your ex after they told you to have a nice life?

If they had closed things up by wishing you a nice life, and you wanted to talk to them several months later, would you?

33

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I would refuse to move in that direction. I would always be polite if they spoke to me in passing, but I would make it obvious that they were now a part of my past life and that I had moved on, x

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's wrong to talk to an ex. However, it really depends on your intentions. If you are hoping to get them back, then you need to be realistic. Is this something you really want to do? Was the relationship actually good?

I've spoken to ex's but it was mainly years after the fact and they were just looking to see how I was doing. I basically kept the conversation short, as I am with someone and am very happy. I let them know that. They were respectful about it.

I think sometimes it's okay to talk to an ex. However you have to be very cautious and mindful of why they are talking to you.

Sometimes people will come back because they want to get back together. But other times it's just to catch up.

As much as I don't like it, some of my ex's are a part of my past. I can move on, but they will always be a part of my history as a person. Plus I don't want to be rude.

What Guys Said 2

• There's no real harm sending them a text/call.

Just know if they don't answer, it's best if you move on completely.

• I don't have any ex-gf's. If we broke up, I don't know you.

What Girls Said 2

• i think it is better to move on, find a new guy, it will be the best for you.

• No. Because a few months later is when the loneliness sinks in and you forget all about the bad parts and start to miss the things you had without remembering the not so good parts that lead to the break up.