How do I tell a friend that he's an ass hole?

I have this friend that for a while he was ok. but lately he has been more annoying than usual. to the point where he's acting like a clingy girlfriend, its gotten to the point where my friends and I dont want to be around him. but he sticks to us like glue.
he doesn't seem to get the hint that none of us want to be around him but he won't go away.

06

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell him that he's being an asshole.

He's your friend, right? And he values your opinions to some degree, regardless if he agrees with them or not, right? And he isn't trying to sneak under the rug and be close to you just to sleep with you, right?

Because all of the above are things that a friend would do, and friends can understand when they've crossed a line. Friends also won't get all weepy when you call them out on bullshit, being all passive-aggressive and vindictive about it.

So call him an asshole, to his face, and then explain in honest detail why you think he's being an asshole. And then sit back and wait to see what he does. Because if he doesn't do the above, then he's not a friend, full stop.

What Guys Said 5

• If he won't get the message that you really don't want to be around him while you're being subtle about it then you simply need to tell him that you don't want to be near him any more and explain why clearly. If you're blunt about it then it may shock him into changing how he acts, and if not then there's no way he didn't get the message. If after that he still attempts to socialise then I'm not sure how you can get away from him outside of straight up walking away whenever he;s around.

• You don't "hint" him. You tell him straight to his face. The thicker the surface the more force has to be applied to crack it.

• be straight with him, no other way you should do this or else he won't get the point.

• Sorry but the only way to do it is to tell him straight up and be called a bitch.

• Tell him, his feelings are not the priority.

What Girls Said 0