Did you cry when your relationship/s ended?

Because my sister didn't shed a single tear when she broke up with her boyfriend she had for a year and a half, which I found bizarre o_o

Did you cry or nahh?

*relationship/s

fuck me

3133

Most Helpful Guy

• I did. She was my first true love and my first girlfriend at 18 years old. She was my everything, but she couldn't handle the distance anymore. Other than distance, we were perfect for eachother. She's gone now.

But now she's dating a douchebag. People are weird. :)

• dating a good looking douchebag. typical woman, typical.

• @Sailormoonprincess she was the ideal girlfriend. I know there's better out there but I have yet to come across another girl like her

• You never know.. in the future, you might even come across a girl totally opposite, but you like her in a completely different way that you'd never have expected... you can't really control the future and choose the type of girl you end up liking

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people don't. But I definitely do :P I'm a big softie and I definitely love people wayy too much!

I cry when my relationships end because I honestly did love the person and didn't want it to end. But unfortunately, sometimes things end and you have no control over it. It seriously breaks my heart when a guy dumps me. I usually get dumped and never dump people (unless I have a really good reason).

What Guys Said 32

• It reaaly depends on the situation, but yes, I've cried at times. Anyone who says they haven't cried over the loss of a great live has not experiences great love.

• No but I did cry at the end of Jurassic Bark.

• Pffff hahaa no way xD I was the one to break up in all my relationships, so that may be a reason why I didn't cry, but even of I was the one being dumped, I wouldn't have cried.
    The girl has to be perfect in order for me to cry for her, if I even cry.

• I have never been in a relationship :( So no.

• Yeah, because I finally escaped.

• honestly, i did, i was so angry and my heart got full of hatred...
    i was madly in love and gave her my heart, and she threw it away like a piece of garbage..

• Yes. As we said goodbye, and then several months later when I completely broke down.

• I guess deep inside her brain the relationship had already ended and she had already cried out the relevant quantities of tears by the time you saw her actually break up

• Means she wasn't invested. I see those people as weaklings

• But to answer your question... oh yes I have cried... but then after about half a day I gut-up and go about my business, basically becoming cold to everything for the next few months or so since I am so stuck in my own head.

• Sure I'm only human even if I give the impression that I'm not sometimes lol

• no... maybe the relationship of your sister went slowly down and at some point you kinda know it will end so it's not that bad anymore and nothing unexpected. but I don't know how it ended, so that's just a guess.

• Yep. Didn't change a damned thing though. In the end, it was a waste of time, just like the relationship.

• Only after the longest relationship I had.
    The other times it was either a mutual decision or just hatred.

• Yes! It wasn't that big of a deal with my first love, because she got steralyzed! She told me on Valentine's Day. I cried so hard after my second love cheated on me.

• Just nahhh, but she wasn't the one so

• I didn't cry either, and the relationship had been very short (two months or something like that); anyway, I was the one who wanted to break up with her.

• Only when my first girlfriend broke up with me.

• not when it ended but I also tried to overdose on pills and was in a psych ward before the crying started.

• I rarely do. People react in different ways. Not everyone is emotional to the point of crying. And even if someone is very sad, maybe they prefer to suffer in a more private and subtle way.

• I did and shortly we got back together. A few months later we broke up for good and not a tear was shed on my side.

• I alrdy craii since the day baby Diana says were no more but the #Brozone 😭😭😭

• Some I did, some I didn't.

• I never cried! But I watched her cry that made me feel so fucking emotional but I didn't cry though.

• There's no reason to cry. What could it possibly change?

• Crying makes you feel better. It's a way to release the pain inside. If you can't cry or talk about how you feel, then it leads to bottled up emotions that explode later on. Plus people end up doing stupid stuff to deal with their pain.

• Of course it's not a solution. It's part of the grieving process. The only solution is time, but without releasing how u feel and getting support from those you trust, it will only take longer to get through it.

• People have different ways to deal with grief, and you have no right to shove the way you into my face. Now, I personally do not experience grief when dealing with a break up, but I have experienced grief before. When I do, I typically go into deep thought until I feel better. Crying is not necessary.

• I would be killed if she kmows it but hell no i was more than okhay with it

• Yes I did :(

• Relationship... what relationship, damn...36 years old virgin here :(

• I cried when my girlfriend of 4 years left me for an older man with a big city job & a sports car. I just couldn't compete, that was the worst thing about it. I was only 19yo. I thought it was strange when I saw this 35yo man add my 20yo girlfriend on Facebook and soon after I noticed she was texting constantly (something she never did before) & soon I found out it was to this guy called 'James', the same name as the Facebook guy. She even interrupted sex to reply to a text ping. I quizzed her about it cautiously & she insisted he was just a 'family friend'. Soon she replaced the expensive bracelet I bought her with another super expensive bracelet & new earrings. I knew something was up but before I could act she just deleted me on Facebook & blocked all my calls/texts. Her sister even deleted me & my sister on FB. That's the most upset I have ever been. 6 months later this James guy left her for another woman. She came sobbing back to me begging but I told her to get fucked!

• Yikes. Makes you wonder if maybe she's just having a hard time getting it out or not

• Crying is for wimps.

• Real men cry. It's an expression of how they actually feel and it shows that they CAN feel.

• I was joking lol.

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 30

• It could have been, @MissNowhere, that with sis and her SO, they were having so many problems in the past that wasn't always a Blast, that behind closed doors, which you never knew about, she did Her... Fair share of crying, believe me.
    I still have a husband out in Egypt, and with all of our Breakups and Makeups, we have had gone through a lot since I came back to the states, and even in Egypt, there were many tears and fears, and Here on American soil, I had my own fair share But Now... No tears, for I am used to the redrick, and I never know when we are going to reunite again or Maybe... Not again, who knows.
    With all the other Many relationships I have had, of course, when we would Breakup, there were a few tears on both sides, in some cases, I am sure.
    Good luck to sis. xx

• Eh, I cried for like 1 out of 3 breakups. Crying over spoiled milk gets old real fast :p

I hide my emotions pretty well from others, I hide them even better from myself lol.

• I didn't cry when I broke up with my ex of 5 years. I think it depends on how that person treated you sometimes you, maybe she was over him by the time that it ended that she didn't still have feelings for him. That was how I had felt when I broke up with my ex.

• Uh... if I ended the relationship, hell nah.
    But if he ended it...
    "My life is over, I'm committing suicide, nobody likes me, f*ck my life."
    No, I'm not that dramatic...
    But I would just be like, "Glad you were honest, okay get out of my face, we just friends. Six inches. Byee!!"
    That was actually me in one relationshipπŸ˜‚
    My sister, on the other hand...
    "You f*cking cheated on me with that f*cking whore! You liar, you dirty blah blah blah blah..."
    Um... anyways...

• I did two times.
    Once I didn't because we've drifted so far apart that we really didn't have many feelings of love nor affection left.
    It has to do with feelings - also with self awareness. Maybe your sister isn't even aware of what happens. Maybe she'll be crying her eyes out in a few weeks once it finally hits her. o. O

• Yeah... I even got depressed for a few days lol πŸ˜…πŸ˜† it was a long distance relationship, we only spent together 8 months , but I loved him way too much since he was my first boyfriend, but then he couldn't handle the distance, he saw that its really hard to meet me and he got " bored " -_- so yeah, things ended and I went through a REALLY bad time...

• No, I didn't cry with my last one because he ranted so bad about not wanting to spend time with him even though we had just spent 5 days straight together and he wanted to spend 2 more days together just sitting on my couch. He didn't trust me from the beginning because he's used to women swooning over him because he's such hot shit and I never did. Penis is not a commodity. I was not about to cry because there was no reason to and I did nothing wrong. 'Getting too old for the crying shit over someone I saw no future with anyway.

• My last relationship I didn't cry for him, I cried because I felt sorry for myself having to leave my home. I was heartbroken at having to move out of my beautiful apartment by the sea. I really loved that place, him though... no. He didn't get a single tear. It was over. I move on pretty quick, I like to keep my dignity.

• People deal with grief differently. Also, just because you haven't seen her cry over it, doesn't mean she hasn't.

• The first time we broke up, I started crying while we were breaking up. The second time was last week and it took me a few days. I didn't feel anything at first and I'm serious when I say that... it's like I had no feelings. It was really weird, but theb I cried for hours. Maybe that's happening to your sister too.

I guess it also depends on why they broke up and who left who. If she left him because she didn't love him anymore, it makes sense that she's not sad at all.

• She left him for another dude lol

• But still, they were together for a LOONG time

• But she obviously doesn't care. She left him for someone else. If she had feelings for him and cared about the time and all that, she wouldn't have left him.

• Yes. Buckets. What a waste of tears.

• Once I didn't shed a single fucking tear. In fact, it would have been nice to drink his.

• I cried for weeks after my first breakup, but didn't cry once about my most recent one. That might have something to do with the fact it was the same person, though. If the feeling is mutual or you're prepared for something like that then it doesn't really hurt as much.

• I sobbed like a baby.
    Different people grieve differently. She probably did cry, you just didn't see it. Not everyone wears her heart on her sleeve.

• I did for months straight.

Your sister is probably younger though, right? I think it's different when you're younger lol

• when it ended for 1st time.. yes.. when it ended for 2nd.. not at all. i was happy..

• Only over one. And I still do but only when I am alone and its late at night.

• Yes. But, it was after a while when he and I were just friends and he started being extermely rude to me.

• With my first one I did. Just the way it ended and the fact that I was young.

• 1st one tears of joy.
    2nd one no, it was mutual.

• No I laughed having my feelings crapped on felt amazing

• Nah I didn't cry. It just depends how intense the relationship was for me.

• No, I didn't cry because I was just so done

• Haven't been in one to know

• Surprisingly, I didn't cry when I broke up with my ex. I felt relief.

• I have been in 3 relationships, and was kinda bit in the habit of jumping from one failed relationship to another! I have always dated the "good'' guys... who eventually turned out to be not so good... and each time, i was the one who broke up. The first time when this happened i was devastated. not because i missed him.. but because, I didn't had a clue about what went wrong! and now, not so much. I just feel irritation.. and have come in terms with the fact that there's no such concept of GOOD guys and BAD guys.

• After every relationship I have.

Then again, I don't really date often. So when I do, it's because they're extremely important to me. If I just dated guys I liked and then we broke up... probably not.

As of yet, I've only dated guys I've been in love with, or found myself falling for.

• I always cry. Even if I'm the one that ends it.

• No, since I usually end them. I try to stick with it, and give the guy chances but I can only try so much. If I feel like I'm giving it too much, and not getting anything back, I end it. I'm usually very relieved at that point and feel freeeee

https://i.imgur.com/Tk5PbYX.jpg

• Short ones (a couple months or so) no i dont usually cry. Ones I've been in for a while (a year or more) yes id cry.