Do you believe that a person could fall out of love?

• Yes, I believe that a person could fall out of love.
  • No, I believe love is eternal.

126

Most Helpful Guy

• In Disney movies it lasts forever, in reality it dissipates sooner or later.
    The best case scenario to wish for is staying with your spouse out of friendship and respect for each other as well as the desire to spend your final years with somebody by your side.

Most Helpful Girl

• Constant fighting can cause you to fall out of love, well for me at least.
    My boyfriend and I were so stressed out we fought, like physically almost and we stopped loving each other as much.
    Buttttt we did end up fixing it and now I love the asshole more than I did before we started fighting.
    (:

What Guys Said 5

• My honest answer is unfortunately "YES". I wish it wasn't true, it shouldn't happen but unfortunately it can happen in a relationship.

• But how? It seems impossible to me.

• Okay, I know that it shouldn't happen, I myself don't want to believe it but unfortunately I have read in so many articles that it does happen, people do fall out of love, I am not saying that it will happen, but there is a chance, the chance can be as small as 5% or as big a percentage as you can imagine. If the percentage of chance ( of falling out of love) is large then there was never love in the first place, but I think 5 % is something that two partners can control.

I'll give you a link, please let me know if you can agree to that or not, do you find it possible or not.

psychcentral.com/.../

• Okay now just imagine a woman is in a relationship and your partner does things like:

1. Constantly tries to make that woman jealous

2. Lies to her, breaks her trust constantly.

Now, what do you think? don't you think the actions of your partner will slowly lead to you losing the strength of love that you had on him before? means don't you think the bond of love between the two and especially from her side will become weaker over time? So what is this? the bond of love becoming weaker is nothing but falling out of love.

Yes, she will never really stop loving him, but the bond will become weaker and weaker over time and so may slowly start falling out of love.

That's my opinion, feel free to express yourself if you have any.

• Among married folk, this is also known as "becoming roommates," a time when their daily habits and basic intimacy becomes routine. There is also a lack of sex in such a marriage or a lack of any real feeling beyond the physical in the act.

It happens and it sucks. But while two people can be right for each other, sometimes the love fades after a while.

• Is it the love or the passion that fades though?

• Both.

When passion isn't kindled now again, and then disappears entirely, then love will soon follow.

• absolutely a person can fall out of love

• The divorce rate in the USA has stayed right around 50% since 1975, so that's a big YES.

• Do you think those who were married and divorced were actually in love though?

• I would say most of them were, but they either got married to the wrong person or didn't realize that relationships have to be maintained.

What Girls Said 11

• That would especially happen if he cheats on me or does something to hurt me. It also happens when people rush relationships etc but somewhere alone the line they realize that their hearts weren't really in it from the start. There's also behavior for e. g a girl may have a cute face and behave very polite and you fall for that version but then as time go by you see that she is a horrible person so you lose interest and the love ceases to exist.

• Yes I believe that people fall in and out of love. People change over time, what they want, need. What their partner wants and needs... It's only logical that some times these issues are insurmountable.

• yeah for sure. it happens a lot more than youd think.

• Of course... everything's possible.

• Once respect has been lost, love will die.

• No, not fall out of love but things may get in the way... like a thick wall between love and the person.

• Definitely possible.

• Yes, I do believe that

• Yes they can. People can grow apart , and their feelings can change over time. It doesn't mean the love they felt wasn't real. Love doesn't necessarily have to be forever to be " real" love.

• Yes, it happens.

• I don't think you could fall out of real love but that phony crap that most people have isn't love so of course they can 'fall' out of love.