No contact rule with ex who keeps talking to me? Please help?

So 3 weeks ago my boyfriend ended our 1 year relationship with me and we'd been seeing each other for months before. Long story short we were best friends and pretty much inseparable, he felt a lot of regret after but told me to leave things between us, however he still wanted to stay really close with me. (His reasoning was that he felt like he didn't make me happy anymore and he wasn't good enough, I was going through a tough time and he was very insecure). We hung out a few times and sort of acted the same way we did when going out, however more jealous and flirty. I'm doing NC in attempt to make him miss me and work things out but we're also in the same class and he keeps making conversation with me? I don't want to ignore him but I also want to stick to NC. How should I react to him talking to me? He always seems really awkward and shy, unable to make eye contact and it's kind of pointless conversation. What do I do?

11

What Guys Said 1

• ı lıke watching tv telephone ethernet phone air fly thany you very much

What Girls Said 1

• If you've been dumped then always remember it's on HIM to fix things. If he wants you back he will let you know. Anything else is him just testing the water to see if you're still available and focused on him. You're doing the right thing to stay NC. Tell him straight up that you're not open for friendship and you're not going to hang around and be his friend while trying to get over what happened. Telling him this will seem scary but it's also the right thing to do because things will never change unless he realizes you're not going to stick around all the time. If you want him back then do not accept anything less like friendship.