If a man isn't "in love" with his girlfriend anymore but they have a baby, will he stay with her?

At least until the kid is school aged or older?

I know a couple in their late 20s who have been together for 8 years and loved together for 3... They aren't married but she has just got pregnant... He is probably excited to meet his baby... All men fall in love with their babaies... But the thing is... He thought the spark had gone a few years back, left her and then went back a few weeks later... Probably for familiarity... I'm sure he cares about her... But he looks miserable all the time...

could this baby bring back the love he once had for her?

will he stay with her for the sake of being with his baby... Would a man ever leave his partner right after their baby is born?

32

Most Helpful Guy

• The baby will probably bring them closer to one another for some time, but the baby won't keep them together forever. Eventually, the novelty of the baby will wear off and the flaws in the relationship, that is making him unhappy will pop back up again.

As for whether he'll leave or not, I can't answer that since that's a question that varies from man to man. Some guys would definitely leave their girl if they feels the spark is completely gone, and they'll probably seek for joint custody. Some guys will try to hang in the relationship and try to endure the hardship until it eventually becomes too much to bear, and he ends up either leaving her abruptly or cheating on her.

Most Helpful Girl

• All men fall in love with their babies? I wish that was true. I'm sure you're right that he does care for her but he is probably ultimately still around for the baby. In rare cases babies can bring back the love they once had. In RARE cases mind you. He is there for the baby right now but there is a possibility he might leave his partner again once the baby is born.

What Guys Said 1

• Why, are waiting for the rebound?

What Girls Said 2

• Research shows that if a man stays or returns to a relationship because a woman is pregnant that the is a 60% chance he will leave by the time the child is two years old.

• Sure he would leave. He may stay. It depends on what kind of guy he really is and how he was raised.